Future of the Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pcbikedude

Future of the Buddy

Post by pcbikedude »

I was scouring the PGO website and spotted this:
I wonder if this is the future Buddy?

Maybe this one?
:rofl:
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
mrandmrslindholm

Post by mrandmrslindholm »

Our daughter would love the Hello Kitty model. She is only 5 right now but has already asked for a scooter. So, she would be an easy sale!
supermach

Re: Future of the Buddy

Post by supermach »

pcbikedude wrote:I was scouring the PGO website and spotted this:
I wonder if this is the future Buddy?

Maybe this one?
:rofl:
The best way I can put it is that it looks more for the asian market. But if we do get it here I wouldn't mine getting it. Looks like they fix the BIG problem I had with all buddys what was not that much foot space. If you were a 13 W like me you would know what I mean.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Looks like it has less foot and leg room to my eyes. Still a neat looking scoot, but it's all speculation for the time being.

Unless this is the Psycho Buddy. Hello Psycho! :rofl:
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
TVB

Post by TVB »

I know of a professional cartoonist who rides an "electric bike" and would love a Hello-Kitty-branded scooter.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Nyah! Beatcha to it!
topic19050.html
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i hope so. i think it is perfectly suited. the design and styling has a lot of potential imo

it can be hello kitty cute, but can also be aggressive looking given the right treatment. i can see it souped up. or just stock it looks great imo. i like the rear / quarter faring a lot . its styling has good angles and curves. not that i know much about such things, but that is my initial impression

i also don't know scooter history. so other then the basic, classic, "vespa" design, i don't know if the styling is derivative of any other scoots, exactly?

guess i will have to browse the other thread....
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

took a harder look

its just another scooter :(

but aren't they all, pretty much?

still make a great buddy, though
Riding is riding
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Like peabody99, I wish they'd make it the new 300i!
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

If it's another Genuine bike, it's gonna be the 4 stroke Stella. Why? Well, because my hope for an awesome twist and go has been bolstered by recent reports of a revived (again) Lambretta that just looks awesome! If only Genuine could work with those guys to get that bike over here...
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I want a flying unicorn. Black. With a tail made out of fire and glowing red eyes. And saddlebags with rocket launchers. Also, invisibility and a cup holder for my coffee.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

ericalm wrote:I want a flying unicorn. Black. With a tail made out of fire and glowing red eyes. And saddlebags with rocket launchers. Also, invisibility and a cup holder for my coffee.
Why invisible? If i had a flying unicorn I would make sure everyone saw the seer awesomeness.

plus he would need to leave a rainbow trail everywhere he went :P
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

scootavaran wrote:
ericalm wrote:I want a flying unicorn. Black. With a tail made out of fire and glowing red eyes. And saddlebags with rocket launchers. Also, invisibility and a cup holder for my coffee.
Why invisible? If i had a flying unicorn I would make sure everyone saw the seer awesomeness.

I personally would want a double rainbow trail all the way!
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
jd

Post by jd »

I don't have any inside information, but I'd be surprised if they make any major changes to the Buddy. It would make most, if not all, of the current accessories obsolete, and that's a big part of the Buddy business and mystique. Further, if they've already got a design that's a big hit with American scooter buyers, why mess around with it? Unlike a car, it doesn't need to be refreshed constantly to remain competitive. It just needs to experience continuous improvement where it really matters, and Genuine has been good at that: Larger engine availability, fuel injection, et al.

Genuine understands the American scooter market better than anyone ever has, IMO. I've met Philip McCaleb and spoken to him about the business. He understands exactly what kind of a franchise he's built, and he puts his resources where they're going to earn the best return. I don't think he'll make changes just to make changes.
Some people are like slinkies. They're not very interesting, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

mrandmrslindholm wrote:Our daughter would love the Hello Kitty model. She is only 5 right now but has already asked for a scooter. So, she would be an easy sale!
My daughter would love it as well and she's 27.... 8)
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

My 21 year old daughter says she wants it. Don't underestimate the power of the Kitty.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ I knew I liked you! :)

And yeah, I wear a 13 I know what you mean about foot space on a buddy :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jasondavis48108 wrote:
scootavaran wrote:

I personally would want a double rainbow trail all the way!
The invisibility is optional for stealth missions. "Go invisible, Fiery-Tailed Unipegasusicorn!"