3/4 Helmets - Faves

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Speedweasel

3/4 Helmets - Faves

Post by Speedweasel »

What's your fave 3/4 helmet? I'm shopping around...
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

I'm a fan of the Z1R ace royal transit, it fits my huge head really well
TVB

Post by TVB »

I like the Bell R/T (with face shield).
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Looks like what I used to wear when I was a kid. After the CHIPS-style helmet, that is.

I like those jet helmets but wonder if I'd look like a comic book hero in one.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Lokky wrote:I'm a fan of the Z1R ace royal transit, it fits my huge head really well
I have the Z1R Metro which is the predecessor to the Ace Transit, I absolutely love it, fit as if it was custom molded to my head. ONLY issue now after nearly three years, the face shield doesn't stay in the up position any longer. ( who rides with it up any way?)
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Nolan, either N20 or N30 outlaw.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
viney266

Post by viney266 »

HJC IS-33 or CL-33 if I went 3/4...But I have a big head (I wear XXL). I like the Nolans, but they just don't fit my Charlie Brown head. I have a Shoei full face, but think the 3/4 is just too pricey I guess.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

viney266 wrote:HJC IS-33 or CL-33 if I went 3/4...But I have a big head (I wear XXL). I like the Nolans, but they just don't fit my Charlie Brown head. I have a Shoei full face, but think the 3/4 is just too pricey I guess.
Can I inquire as to the size and model of that Shoei full face?
I'd much rather get a full face than a modular because I like my helmets to be light, but I too have a large head and I can't find any full face that will come down past my temples.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

This time of year, without a doubt, the AGV Blade with the visor accessory. If I could find a FF with a high flow peak or even better yet (and this doesn't exist yet) a modular helmet with a low turbulence peak, then I'd be as content as I could possibly be with a helmet.

edit: For some reason I typed "Stealth" where I actually meant "Blade". No clue how I did that, but the Blade is my absolute favorite for a 3/4.
Last edited by Lostmycage on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

sic
Attachments
hjc.jpg
hjc.jpg (7.85 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Lokky wrote:
viney266 wrote:HJC IS-33 or CL-33 if I went 3/4...But I have a big head (I wear XXL). I like the Nolans, but they just don't fit my Charlie Brown head. I have a Shoei full face, but think the 3/4 is just too pricey I guess.
I'd much rather get a full face than a modular because I like my helmets to be light, but I too have a large head and I can't find any full face that will come down past my temples.
Shoei RF1100 xxl. I wear a 81/4 in a hat and they fit me well. My last 5 helmets have been shoeis, expensive? Yes. But I"m spoiled when it comes to helmets :)...Stay away from the xtwelve if you have a melon head like me. It is just too narrow.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The Nolan open face helmets fit me, but the full face and modulars don't in any size. :(
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

My favorite is the N43 Trilogy. Because it has that bar that's not quite a full face but would still offer some chin protection. That's about as naked as I want my face to get.

I have a "square" head that seems to require a size larger than measurements would seem to dictate. Helmet shopping for me is always "try before buy."
heythere512

Post by heythere512 »

I'm glad you started this, SpeedWeasel! I've got the Z1R ACE TRANSIT ROYALE AIR HELMET on my Amazon wishlist, so it was great to see others like it.

I tried an HJC RPS10 full-face, and just couldn't get the right fit, so switched to a Nexx X-60 which fits my egg-shaped head better.
mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

I'm rocking this bad boy with a face shield and I feel like an old school diver or an astronaut.
<b><i>Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads</b></i>
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The Bell Mag 8 is my favorite among the 3/4s and can usually be gotten at a good price.
Attachments
Mag 8.jpg
Mag 8.jpg (10.65 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Speedweasel

Post by Speedweasel »

Thx all.
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

I wish a decent sun visor could be had for full face helmets. The 3/4s usually have the 3 snaps but these dont exist on FF helmets because of the face shield. I guess one could use one of those dualsport helmets but would need goggles.
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

Fuel model 5-S w/ faceshiled

THH model T-376 w/ faceshield; no longer showing on website, but the Fulmer AF-9B is identical
deathbytray

Post by deathbytray »

AGV Blade.

It has a good airflow, detachable padding, and looks nice. The quick-swap visor is a nice touch, and I bought a tinted visor for summer days. But most important for me personally, it accomodates my enormously fat head with ease.
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

Southerner wrote:I wish a decent sun visor could be had for full face helmets. The 3/4s usually have the 3 snaps but these dont exist on FF helmets because of the face shield. I guess one could use one of those dualsport helmets but would need goggles.
Your wish has come true... My next helmet.
ImageImage
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

ericalm wrote:Nolan, either N20 or N30 outlaw.
+1 on the N20!!
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Lokky wrote:
Funny, I find the Nolan quite mid-range. You do get what you pay for in fit and finish on the Nolan N20. It's really a well put-together helmet with very little wind noise (aside from where you'd expect) and hardly any buffeting.

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Lotrat wrote:
Southerner wrote:I wish a decent sun visor could be had for full face helmets. The 3/4s usually have the 3 snaps but these dont exist on FF helmets because of the face shield. I guess one could use one of those dualsport helmets but would need goggles.
ImageImage
Hmm…
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

ericalm wrote:Hmm…
Are you serious about taking out zombies or not?
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Lotrat wrote:
ericalm wrote:Hmm…
Are you serious about taking out zombies or not?
Dunno about Zombies, but I MUST get two!! One for me, and one for my friend who is joining me on the trip to Amerivespa. And one must be red, and the other blue.

:twisted:

Southerner

Post by Southerner »

ericalm wrote:
Lotrat wrote:
ImageImage
Hmm…
It does look rather sci-fi but if it gets the job done, I don't care.

Wouldn't look out of place if someone was riding a B-King.