Ultimate ATTGATT

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

Ultimate ATTGATT

Post by Howardr »

I recently met a guy who is very serious about his gear. From feet to head he wears:

LOWER BODY
Riding boots
Armored pants with thigh and coccyx pads
Armored knee braces
Armored "girdle" with hip and coccyx pads

UPPER BODY
Slip on elbow and forearm pads
Armored Jacket
Separate lumbar plate
Chest/sternum armor #1
Chest/sternum armor #2
Motorcycle wearable airbag system
Helmet
Armored gloves

On his scooter, he has installed:
Extra front and rear lighting
Extra reflectors
Additional blind spot mirrors
Rear view camera system with a monitor on the dash

Now THAT, my friends, is ATTGATT. And, no, I am not kidding or exaggerating.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

In the immortal words of Clint Eastwood in "In The Line of Fire",

"now I gotta put all this s*** back on".
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

If it doesn't take him an hour to get ready for a 15 minute ride I'd be surprised. I'll bet he looks like a storm trooper when he walks into any store when he's running errands.

Yes, he's the smart one and we should all be doing what he's doing. But man, I'd never ride if I had to put on all that gear.
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

lol storm trooper, hey hunny im going to get milk , il be back in 45 mins
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I went on the roadrace track with less gear :)

Sounds like a knight on horseback... :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

I couldn't imagine having to put all that stuff on and take it all off every time I ride. I would have to get ready to go an hour early for work to put that all on before I leave, have time to get there, then take it all off upon my arrival!
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Guess he's S.O.L. if he needs to take an unscheduled whizz.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

What kind of riding is he doing? When I'm doing long-distance riding, I wear different stuff than on my short commute; however, I wear wear armoured pants, boots, gloves and jacket no matter what the riding is. I wear different pants, knee protection, gloves and boots depending on the type of riding. And I'm adding a compression suit to the kit, but again, that's not for commuting.

howard, is this for bee-bopping around town or doing stupid stuff out in the stix?
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

charlie55 wrote:Guess he's S.O.L. if he needs to take an unscheduled whizz.

:rofl:
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

You know, I'm kinda hyperaware of what would happen if I wreck. But that just doesn't even sound like fun.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Just a little warm and damp.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

That's a lot of gear for sure but I don't blame'em. I wear all of the gear that I own all of the time even when it's a pain in the arse to put it all on. I know I hate putting on the armored jacket and the armored pants and the full face helmet and the armored gloves and the boots but hey, it's a hell of a lot more fun that laying in a hopspital bed for 6 mmonths for sure :lol: I just can't imagine how much all that gear costs. I know what I have cost me about half what I paid for my first scooter so they have to be in for at least 2k with all that stuff.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

ravenlore wrote:You know, I'm kinda hyperaware of what would happen if I wreck. But that just doesn't even sound like fun.
No kidding, might aswell just drive a car.

A rear view camera system with a monitor on a scooter...really?? :roll:

Hey Howardr what was he riding?
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

He says he wears this for all of his rides and he says he is a daily commuter. He isn't shy about the gear and freely admits that total cost is about $1500. He rides an MP3.

Howard
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

It is easy to think this is overkill, but I am betting that if he ever wrecks at 55-60 mph he just bounces down the road and is fine.

I still am not wearing anything that can be called a girdle, riding or not :wink:
heythere512

Post by heythere512 »

bluebuddygirl wrote:It is easy to think this is overkill, but I am betting that if he ever wrecks at 55-60 mph he just bounces down the road and is fine.

I still am not wearing anything that can be called a girdle, riding or not :wink:
Ha - totally with you on the girdle!!

I moan and complain each day about pulling on my boots, jacket, helmet and gloves but I still do it for the daily commute. We might as well have invisibility cloaks on when riding in traffic!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Welllllll…

"Funny" bit about my last crash: All my injuries were in the places not covered by gear/armor. Chest, ribs, knee, leg, forearms. All from impact at under 30mph. It seems obvious, but somehow only sinks in after a tough lesson: Anything not covered and protected is more vulnerable than the rest.
Guess I should have worn my full suit of armor that day. :)

I still don't go ATGATT but also don't blame anyone who wants to go through the time, effort, expense and inconvenience.

As much as we think all of that gear might diminish our enjoyment of riding, for him it might be what helps him enjoy it without feeling exposed. Some people say the same things about full face helmets, armored jackets and gloves.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

has this guy taken a bad spill? if he recovered from something pretty bad, maybe he is over compensating. pain is a great motivator.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Ok... how to say this without getting flamed for having a differing opinion...

Full face helmet? Great idea! Really can't go wrong there. I may not wear one all the time, but should and I know it and do so about 80% of the time. I got a nice-ish Vega and my eye on a brand new Nolan FF after the 1st that just fits and looks awesome with the scoot. I've got Scorpion gear for the rest of the other days and I won't wear anything less (yes, I've had the unfortunate need to test my last Scorpion helmet thanks to a douchebag running a red light, and thankfully it did it's job wonderfully)

Gear? Well, I added some CE elbow and shoulder pads to my favourite Parka last week... does that count? Bought the River Road Laughlin jacket but I honestly don't like it. Probably will sell it for something that is just as durable but more cold weather fitting

Gloves? leather. Thick leather gloves bought at one of those harley-fetish stores. Simple conservative look and fit great. REALLY thick leather but honestly they're comfy as hell and great isolation from vibration and heat.

Boots? Docs.

That's what I wear. (well, including pants and undershorts) Now, with that being said so everyone knows where I come from:

It must suck to be this guy. He's so afraid to ride that he's willing to go as far as to strap CAMERAS and EXPLOSIVE AIRBAG ATTACHMENTS to is body to ride?!?! Seriously. If I felt compelled to wear that much crap I'd break down and buy a Fiat 500 and call it done. And, considering the cost of the average MP3 from the dealer plus all the gear, the car may end up being cheaper :?

It's a motorbike. There is a level of risk involved. I'm not saying go out there and throw caution to the wind and ride in substandard equipment but c'mon... to ride in a cocoon of plastic, kevlar and god knows what else just takes the action out of riding. How can you feel connected with that armor and no sense of the external atmosphere?
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
jasondavis48108

neotrotsky wrote:
It's a motorbike. There is a level of risk involved. I'm not saying go out there and throw caution to the wind and ride in substandard equipment but c'mon... to ride in a cocoon of plastic, kevlar and god knows what else just takes the action out of riding. How can you feel connected with that armor and no sense of the external atmosphere?
I certainly don't want to start an argument but folks are bound to have differing opinions on this subject. I understand that some folks feel that wearing protective gear takes all of the freedom and anti-cageiness out of riding. I have a friend who wears one of those novelty helmets and says that if he had to wear all of the gear I wear then he wouldn't ride at all. I on the other hand love riding almost as much as I love my job as a math teacher, or my relationship with my wife & my child, well that's not true riding a far second but I still love it and want to continue to ride while still feeling as if I'm protecting my ability to live my life as I do now when I get of my scooter. In my own humble opinion not wearing the gear that I can reasonably afford to wear with some degree of comfort would be like telling my family that my relationship with them isn't worth the inconvenience of spending the 15 minutes to strap on the gear. Now if you don't wear any gear that's a personal choice and I'm not saying that you should. It may not be worth it to you, but some of us Kevlar clad dorks love riding just as much as you do and wouldn't trade our scooters or motorbikes for a Fiat or any other auto for that matter. Hell I used to think I'd never get used to the FF helmet or any of the other gear for that matter and now I can't imagine riding without it.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
laxer

Post by laxer »

A guy who wears that much gear schedules everything, even whizzes. :P
viney266

Post by viney266 »

ericalm wrote:Welllllll…

"Funny" bit about my last crash: All my injuries were in the places not covered by gear/armor. Chest, ribs, knee, leg, forearms. All from impact at under 30mph. It seems obvious, but somehow only sinks in after a tough lesson: Anything not covered and protected is more vulnerable than the rest.
Guess I should have worn my full suit of armor that day. :)

I still don't go ATGATT but also don't blame anyone who wants to go through the time, effort, expense and inconvenience.

As much as we think all of that gear might diminish our enjoyment of riding, for him it might be what helps him enjoy it without feeling exposed. Some people say the same things about full face helmets, armored jackets and gloves.
^^^^ I had a crash on track at 115MPH about 15 years ago, and walked away due to 1800 dollars worth of gear. No roadrash and no broken bones. So yeah, it can be worth it, but I was truly wearing everything :wink:
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

laxer wrote:
I would imagine someone that prepared would be using a catheter . :wink:
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

He'll definitely have the last laugh if he ever goes down. He should walk away fairly unscathed. I wear boots, armored jacket, gloves and FF helmet all the time. If I could find a pair of overpants that fit me, I'd wear those too. Anything more than that would be so burdensome to deal with that I'd wind up opting for a different transportation mode. But to each their own. As Eric mentioned above, for some people, wearing gear, even if it seems burdensome, adds to their enjoyment. I can say that I felt that when I got my first armored jacket. It just made me feel a bit more secure and that made riding more enjoyable. So I sort of understand... sort of.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Since I ride full time, I wouldn't ever ride without some good gear.

That, however, seems extreme. I really would shoot myself if I had to put on all that stuff.

I was willing to wear sandals as a cupcake- but as a (new) rider, I will only wear shoes with a good tread and toe or boots. Coats- in winter while the weather is acting up, I'll only wear the armored. Gloves- if it's warm and my trip is short, sometimes I don't wear them. My helmet is 3/4, because I honestly felt I would feel a panicky kind of cramped in a FF, but down the road I would be open to a modular FF (esp if we stay here and I have to face more east coast winters). Pants- jeans when I am not wearing my work uniform. Been toying with the idea of strap-on knee pads.
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

LunaP wrote: I was willing to wear sandals as a cupcake
Much to the disapproval of the boyfriend. :P
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Lokky wrote:
laxer wrote:
I would imagine someone that prepared would be using a catheter . :wink:
Nah, just pay attention to when and how much you drink. ;) No cath needed if you're able-bodied.

Riding and gear (above and beyond the legal minimum) is all about acceptable risk. Some people have a lower or higher level of what they consider "acceptable" than others, and it changes (either direction) as the miles and experiences accumulate.

Me personally, my mirrors have to be perfect before I'll ride. If something happens mid-ride (one comes loose or a beetle adjusts one without asking), I refuse to continue until it's readjusted. Unacceptable for me to not know what's going on behind me. Sturdy boots are a must, and I learned the hard way (that squirrel will PAY) on a ninja 250 why good riding boots are crush-resistant. :x
On the other hand, my jacket requirements have lessened from when I first started riding. Abrasion resistance and wind protection are my primaries...armor has pretty much become optional. With my build, the armor shifts around in every jacket I've tried on. I'll very likely change my mind if I can find one where the armor inserts stay put, but hasn't happened yet.

Pure speculation, but I'm guessing the uber-armor person is either new to riding, has had an experience with wrecking, and/or works (or knows someone who works) in the medical field...by the gear, I'm guessing either ER or surgical. Just my shot-in-the-dark for pure fun and curiosity. :)
mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

AWinn6889 wrote:I couldn't imagine having to put all that stuff on and take it all off every time I ride. I would have to get ready to go an hour early for work to put that all on before I leave, have time to get there, then take it all off upon my arrival!
Haha exactly. I know I'm gonna get some flack for this, but other than my helmet and my riding boots (and usually a leather jacket, although I know most don't count that as "gear"), I just wear what I'm going to wear at my destination since my scooter is my primary mode of transportation to....well, everywhere. I'm not trying to have to disrobe my gear on the side of a busy road and have to lug it around when I'm working a fashion show or interviewing people.
<b><i>Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads</b></i>
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Heh. I'm quite the oddity then since I'm a huge fan of CE armor in jackets but try to keep as "simple" as possible as well.

As for the mirror thing, I never use mine since I prefer to actually turn and look at my direction (I only run one mirror on my scoot). Been caught by too many blind-spot riders and that's the one place I'm skididish. I honestly feel safer on a bike with no mirrors and my two eyes than having to rely on only mirrors and a 2D camera image. If a rider doesn't physically LOOK where they are going as well as use mirrors, then they need to put more training under the belt. You're out there on your own and your eyes are your best defence. I cannot get how some riders are so stiff-neck in the saddle. It's also why I'm not a fan of fixed tinted visors or shields. I'm visually paranoid :P

I *STILL* cannot wrap my head around WEARING an airbag!!! Screw that! Keep the propellants and explosives off me

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Lokky wrote:
Whatever. I was careful to always pick ones with ankle straps, for anti-fallage. The one impromptu ride with the flip that fell off was a fluke.

Besides, I can't function without sandals. I really don't know what I'm going to do next summer when I have to wear shoes all the time. :cry:
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

Cheshire wrote: Sturdy boots are a must, and I learned the hard way (that squirrel will PAY) on a ninja 250 why good riding boots are crush-resistant.
I really wish I could find a pair of boots that I could live with. Boots seem like a no brainer, especially since I'm considering moving up to a bigger scooter or a full on motorcycle (my dealership might start selling moto guzzi soon if you catch my drift). However I have very wide and very flat feet, and even shopping for shoes is a real chore. As a chemist I have to spend much of my day standing, and I do not have the option of taking my boots off and putting shoes on when I get to destination, so until I find a pair of boots with super-awesome arc support I will have to stick with my leather shoes.

neotrotsky wrote:Heh. I'm quite the oddity then since I'm a huge fan of CE armor in jackets but try to keep as "simple" as possible as well.

As for the mirror thing, I never use mine since I prefer to actually turn and look at my direction (I only run one mirror on my scoot). Been caught by too many blind-spot riders and that's the one place I'm skididish.
e
I am quite the fan of armored jackets myself. I absolutely love my Dainese jacket I got for only 200$ (originally well over 700$). I have a Rev'It mesh jacket for the summer, but it turned out to be a bit of a bad purchase, the mesh is REALLY well ventilated, which is great to keep cool, except when you are riding in town and have to stop at lights for a while. When stopped the mesh doesn't help at all, so you sweat buckets, and when you start moving you are drenched and the superior ventilation leads to it actually being too cold!

I agree with mirror too, I mainly use them to keep track of other people if riding in a group, much easier to look down into a mirror than have to turn all the way around everytime I wanna make sure I haven't lost the folks behind me :)
mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

LunaP wrote:
Lokky wrote:
Whatever. I was careful to always pick ones with ankle straps, for anti-fallage. The one impromptu ride with the flip that fell off was a fluke.

Besides, I can't function without sandals. I really don't know what I'm going to do next summer when I have to wear shoes all the time. :cry:
My best friend rode cupcake with me for the better part of the summer and somehow, I don't know how, managed to not lose any flip flops vroom vrooming through the streets of RVA :) Maybe she has monster toes or something.
<b><i>Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads</b></i>
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

The smallest MP3 can go quite a bit faster than the largest Buddy. If you keep that in mind, then the roads that this person potentially rides on have a higher level of risk.

I don't gear up to that extreme and I freely admit that as a shortcoming. I truly wish I had that level of commitment, especially when met with the level of sheer retardation just around town. Criticizing someone for trying to be safe is misguided and shortsighted at best.

There's a saying "Ride your own ride" and that applies to all aspects of riding. The Buddy isn't a high horse, so don't ride it like one.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

:!: to Lostmycage's. That's what I was getting at...if it came across differently, that wasn't my intention. :) The speculation was just that: I'm always curious about the "why's". I'm not trying to be nosy, just a very curious creature.

Outside of crash protection, I see gear choice (and engine size selection) as what it takes for you to be comfortable riding. Do what you need/want to, as much or little as you need/want to be able to relax, focus on, and enjoy the ride and the road. 8)
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

LunaP wrote:
Lokky wrote:

Two words: saddle bags. ;)
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Personal protection is a matter of personal choice.

If this guy is comfortable wearing all that gear...well...it's fine with me and really none of my business.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

neotrotsky wrote: Bought the River Road Laughlin jacket but I honestly don't like it.
Why is that?
I've had my eye on one recently.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

k1dude wrote: I'll bet he looks like a storm trooper when he walks into any store when he's running errands.
Soon rebel scum, soon.....http://www.udreplicas.com/index.php?opt ... icle&id=61
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

This fellow got his airbag system from www.safermoto.com

Howard
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Howardr wrote:This fellow got his airbag system from www.safermoto.com
Interesting that the demo guy is on a DRZ400SM. Those bikes make you do stupid things.

The Hit-Air is supposed to be comfy and adds an interesting level of safety.

While he may have a long list of gear, it surely doesn't take 15 minutes to gear up, not even 5. And it's a little unfair to say the guy is over-the-top or uber-risk-averse or whatever. He wears what he wears and it's a good list of items to consider adding to your safety arsenal (which is probably why howardr listed it because a lot of scooterists don't know about the many gear options). No different than the person who wears nothing but street clothes on a GSRX looking at me in full gear on a scootah. As I tell everyone who ribs me for wearing as much gear as I do on my 4 mile commute, "If I'm going to have a down on the street, it's going to be on the commute."
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

siobhan wrote: While he may have a long list of gear, it surely doesn't take 15 minutes to gear up, not even 5. And it's a little unfair to say the guy is over-the-top or uber-risk-averse or whatever. He wears what he wears and it's a good list of items to consider adding to your safety arsenal (which is probably why howardr listed it because a lot of scooterists don't know about the many gear options). No different than the person who wears nothing but street clothes on a GSRX looking at me in full gear on a scootah. As I tell everyone who ribs me for wearing as much gear as I do on my 4 mile commute, "If I'm going to have a down on the street, it's going to be on the commute."
I, personally, wasn't criticizing the guy at all (didn't mean to sound like it anyway, I realize I may have). More power to him for all the gear. I would never be able to afford all that, most likely. I said I'd shoot myself if I had to put it all on simpy because I know I would become an impatient, lazy arse about it after maybe the 5th or 6th piece, and having so much on me would frustrate the piss out of me. That's just me. :roll: The only reason I said it struck me as extreme is A) because of the camera system- I personally think it's redundant, I use the mirrors/my neck just fine... and it had to have been expensive to boot; and B) the wearable airbag seems awesome, I would totally get one if I had the dollahz... but it also seems redundant on top of two sets of chest armor. I fully realize I could be wrong if the airbag failed for some reason, or if they piece together kind of like a jigsaw puzzle and don't really overlap.
mia_mali wrote: My best friend rode cupcake with me for the better part of the summer and somehow, I don't know how, managed to not lose any flip flops vroom vrooming through the streets of RVA :) Maybe she has monster toes or something.
Yep... I love sandals, always have. Lokky's Stella had footpegs and crashbars for a semi-decent foothold. I always tried to wear sandals with ankle straps that couldn't fall off- except for this ONE time. I knew it would happen, too, because it was a pair that the straps were stretched. But I believe a skilled flip-flop wearer could pull it off no problemo :P
Cheshire wrote: Two words: saddle bags. ;)
I actually got some! A guy who lost his Buddy and got a cycle sold me his barely used Primas for 50, it was an awesome deal. We're stoked- we're going to start plastering them with patches from places we've been :)
But for carrying stuff around constantly, I'd rather stick stuff in my backpack. I'm switching between boots and work shoes now, and switching between boots, work shoes AND summer shoes seems like it would be just... too much. But of course I'll get to summer and decide before I conclude that I need to suck it up. [/b]
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

The guys actually says it takes him 8-10 minutes to gear up. whether that is a long time or a short time is a matter of perspective.

The rear camera system was fairly inexpensive. He bought it for $30, I don't think that included the monitor and he didn't say how much that was.

He has been riding for about 6 months and has no history or motorcycle wrecks, but did suffer a significant injury as a child and does not wish to re-injure himself.

Howard
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

For some reason this guy and all his gear keeps making me think of Randy's snowsuit from A Christmas Story...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

Howard
I can see in a few years if they manage to make it even smaller all motorcycle jackets will come with them standard.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

scootavaran wrote:

Howard
I can see in a few years if they manage to make it even smaller all motorcycle jackets will come with them standard.
That would be totally amazing. I would totally buy a legit jacket that had it built in.

I would also hope they would work with an already existing gear company for the actualy jacket design, what with the jacket problems I've run into :/ I feel like they would also have to come with some kind of warranty or servicing, for the mechanism in the jacket. Or, a way to move the mechanism from one jacket to the other, should a jacket wear out and the mechanism hadn't. ??? Idk.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

LunaP wrote:
scootavaran wrote:

Howard
That would be totally amazing. I would totally buy a legit jacket that had it built in.

I would also hope they would work with an already existing gear company for the actualy jacket design, what with the jacket problems I've run into :/ I feel like they would also have to come with some kind of warranty or servicing, for the mechanism in the jacket. Or, a way to move the mechanism from one jacket to the other, should a jacket wear out and the mechanism hadn't. ??? Idk.
Count me OUT! I won't put that on my body. Armor is good, brains are better. Explosive airbags next to my chest that are a one shot only deal? Nope.

Ethan Allison

Post by Ethan Allison »

From what I can tell these are powered by CO2 shots you'd otherwise see in paintball guns or mini tire pumps. No explosives, just compressed air.
slusher5

Post by slusher5 »

Lostmycage wrote: There's a saying "Ride your own ride" and that applies to all aspects of riding. The Buddy isn't a high horse, so don't ride it like one.
doesn't ride your own ride mean, don't criticize other people's rides?

I ride my buddy in ways it's not intended, and there is nothing wrong with it. I ride my scooter as if it's a motorcycle.I was working on improving my lean on corners over the summer and I managed to scrape the kickstand, one day I want to get knee down whether it's a scooter or motorcycle... I also sit with my feet back as if I was on a street bike, and occasionally I crouch to reduce wind drag. I probably look crazy, but who cares
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Ethan Allison wrote:From what I can tell these are powered by CO2 shots you'd otherwise see in paintball guns or mini tire pumps. No explosives, just compressed air.
I watched a couple of the company's videos. They are, indeed, powered by CO2. Additionally, they are re-useable. You let the air out, re-packit, get another CO2 cartridge and you are ready to go.

Howard
jasondavis48108

scootavaran wrote:

Howard
Last I read Honda was working on an airbag system that is built into the bike itself. So far the testing seems promising.