fancy helmets!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

black sunshine

fancy helmets!

Post by black sunshine »

http://boutiqueruby.com/#/main

if i had the money . . .

. . . well, i probably wouldn't buy one. but they are kinda cool!
heythere512

Post by heythere512 »

Wow those are pricey! I like the nostalgic look, and somewhat reasonable price, of the Nexx helmets. Never had a better-fitting open-face! I'm thinking of trying a FF one from them for the winter.

http://nexx-usa.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=24
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Who spends that kinda money on a helmet? I wouldn't even if I was a as rich as a celebrity movie star. But I digress, they are nice though.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I love them.

When you see one in person, the quality is pretty apparent. The paint is richer than any I've seen on other helmets. The interior leather is plush and luxurious. Soft.

Who buys them? Well-heeled Europeans, mostly. They're carried in several stores in this area, but I've never seen one on the street here and the only people I who own them are a couple Modern Vespa members.

Is it worth it? Well, is any luxury item like this? A Chanel bag or Louboutin shoes? If you've got the dough and want to wear a 3/4, then why not?

http://ateliersruby.com/
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Gaudy and WAY over priced. I like my gear like I like my scooters: Practical, quality but not ostentatious. I'll spend money on a simple Aria or Shoei before this. But that's just me.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ Me too. Shoei wearer here...But hey... If people are buying them and there is a market? Good for them, kinda cool that there is such a market. Suprises me, but to each his own.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

...I like this one. Looks just like one of those schnazzy designer ones that you can build on there... for like $1300 less?!

http://leatherup.com/p/DOT-Approved/Spa ... 36224.html

...but polka dots and sparkles are a little too girly for you tough scooter dudes :P
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
heythere512

Post by heythere512 »

I'd like a place where I can decorate my own helmet. I can't help that I want it to match my scooter. Sadly, I haven't seen anything beyond kid's bike helmets with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on it yet... :cry:
xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

Its been discussed forever, but I wish there was a decent retro full face out there.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I like that one AWin... Been looking for a second helmet...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

neotrotsky wrote:Gaudy and WAY over priced. I like my gear like I like my scooters: Practical, quality but not ostentatious. I'll spend money on a simple Aria or Shoei before this. But that's just me.
"Overpriced" really doesn't mean much when it comes to luxury items, IMHO. I mean, how much better is a $120,000 car than a $60,000 car? Twice as good? Four times as good as a $30,000 car? Same goes for fashion, accessories (I know people with $10K watches for chrissakes), all sorts of goods. How about fine art? Real estate? Etc.

I can't afford that stuff, but I can appreciate it for what it is. Is it ridiculous? Yeah, a little. Ostentatious and a little obnoxious in its flaunting of its opulence? Yeah. But most of such things are.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I'd rather have one of these.

heythere512

Post by heythere512 »

k1dude wrote:I'd rather have one of these.

Nice! A GI Joe helmet! Why hasn't anyone started a design-your-own helmet site? The HJCs or some of the Bell helmets seem easy enough to modify.
Jenetic

Post by Jenetic »

^^ For a minute I thought that was a Lego helmet. ;-)
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I LOVE Legos. seriously! I built a whole town out of them when I was sick a few months back.