Which 70cc BBK for daily driving and longevity?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

brianwheelies

Which 70cc BBK for daily driving and longevity?

Post by brianwheelies »

I actually have a Rattler 50 but am tossing this on here since most of the action is here and the similarity to the Buddy 50.

Which kit would give me the longevity and performance enhancement?

I have seen nikasil lined aluminum cylinders with 2 compression rings. This is kind of what I am leaning towards as the bore should be indestructible. The thermal dynamics of an al head and cylinder should cool better and have consistent expansion.

Is this thinking correct? I am looking at the Pinasco kit from scooterworks. They have several that will work though.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Good kit, will work well. The keys to making them last?

1.) GET the jetting right

2.) Run good pre-mix. Don't cheap out here

3.) And yes it might do 62MPH and spin to 12K, BUT if you run it at 50 and 8-9K it will last a long time...sure spin it up there sometimes, but you can't run it there non-stop

4.) Keep it clean, run an air filter.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

Thanks for the info viney. Are you saying go exclusively to premix and Removing oil injection?
viney266

Post by viney266 »

No, you can still run the injector with a 70cc kit. I just meant to run GOOD quality oil, especially when asking more of the motor.

Of course pre-mixing is always the best way of ensuring the mix is correct, but for a daily driver it is a bit more of a hassle.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?