Puig 970 windscreen, topcases and things

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

HowHH

Puig 970 windscreen, topcases and things

Post by HowHH »

For those of you hoping the Puig 970 windscreen would work out well for the Buddy (OK, maybe just me), the answer is in. It doesn't. I was able to get it to fit the Blackjack, but I needed some of the hardware from the windscreen I already had. The Puig doesn't come with a reverse thread 8mm bolt, and I also needed the spacers from the Buddy windscreen.

Sorry, no pics. I was disappointed it didn't work out so I didn't think to snap any.

The quality of the Puig construction is very nice, but the wind noise and buffeting was no better than the Buddy screen, and maybe worse. Also, seemed to give me a bit of a wobble in the front end.

Maybe I'm just not a windscreen kind of guy. However, since I've got the Powermadd handguards on, I have adequate wind protection for my hands. So those are working out OK.

Guess I'll be putting up a slightly used windscreen for the People 150 up on Ebay this coming spring.

Why the topcase mention? Been riding with the topcase for a while, and although it works out really well and provides great options for storage, I had forgotten how much more of a blast the scooter is without the topcase.

After removing the Puig and remounting the mirrors, I popped off the topcase this weekend for a ride. The scooter is so much more flickable and dives into corners so much easier without the topcase. The Buddy is just so light that a small change makes such a big difference. Not the handling is dangerous or anything with the topcase on, but it certainly changes the dynamics.