Anyone try the rattler HID conversion yet?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SuperCyclone.81

Anyone try the rattler HID conversion yet?

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

I'm pretty new on here but I haven't seen any talk about the HID conversion for the rattler 110 yet, has anyone attempted/succeeded? Post pics!!!
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Dual post already discussed here topic19603.html
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
guam_rattler

Post by guam_rattler »

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... HOpna87LXQ

here a vid of a kit i used.....h4 8000k slim style.
SuperCyclone.81

Thats so sick. I'm not real impressed with the original lighting set up either and would love to switch over to an HID kit. Does the kit run down your battery? And does the H4 bulb plug and play into our housing? If not what problems/ mods did you do? Thanks
guam_rattler

Post by guam_rattler »

SuperCyclone.81 wrote:Thats so sick. I'm not real impressed with the original lighting set up either and would love to switch over to an HID kit. Does the kit run down your battery? And does the H4 bulb plug and play into our housing? If not what problems/ mods did you do? Thanks
yup the h4 fits in the housing......and i upgraded the battery to a drycell type forgot the name but the battery is rechargable and cost about $190 here on guam....
SuperCyclone.81

So the battery just holds a charge longer or what? Is it different than the original battery?
guam_rattler

Post by guam_rattler »

honestly i had to get this battery cause the hids killed the hell out of the stock one....also i forgot to mention that my hids are low beam only.....so during the day i have it on high beam so that the kit is off....hope this helps.

vincen
SuperCyclone.81

So since you hardly have it on it doesnt take as much of a toll on your battery I guess? Does ever run it down though?
guam_rattler

Post by guam_rattler »

SuperCyclone.81 wrote:So since you hardly have it on it doesnt take as much of a toll on your battery I guess? Does ever run it down though?
yes with the stock battery at night the hids will only run for like 2 hours then they start to flicker and then shut off......with the drycell i can run them at night for hours and at the end of the week charge the battery........hope this helps
SuperCyclone.81

I wonder if we could parrellel connect another battery for the HID system to run off of... That way you wouldn't have to charge the battery up as often or maybe even at all?