one more blur owner

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mark t

one more blur owner

Post by mark t »

:D I am from western Pa. I am a proud new owner of a 06 Blur .Thanks to all of you for all your input. I like many of you used this site and other blur reviews to make my pick. Also thanks to Phil at pride of cleveland for hooking me up. very nice people 120 miles to get there but well worth it. so off to ride I go.
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

Congrats! I think you'll find it a blast (or a blur, if we stick to the marketing) to ride, especially on the city streets. There are many 150cc scoots out there, but in the current US market I personally think this is the most fun for the money. Have fun and let us know how it goes! :)
bs318is11

Post by bs318is11 »

finally another person in western pa with a blur. congrats on your purchase. you are going to love it. i have had mine for two weeks and have almost 400 BDU's on it. i cant stop riding it. welcome and have fun scootin
Dirk

new blur

Post by Dirk »

Mark...what color is it? i jusy got a new 07, wonder if there are any differences, mine is silver & black...Dirk :)
mark t

Post by mark t »

:D it is a 06 so it is the orange . thank you all. I am having a blast (opps a blur of a time) wish I could figure what speed I am really doing
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

mark t wrote:wish I could figure what speed I am really doing
I used a really cheap GPS to gauge my actual speed, and it showed my speedo was 12% optimistic. Problem is I don't believe it. According the the GPS the traffic on our 50mph main arteries travel at 5 mph UNDER the limit. Just don't believe that.

I'd say you can figure the speedo is 5 to 10% optimistic.

-Mark
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

BlueMark wrote:I used a really cheap GPS to gauge my actual speed, and it showed my speedo was 12% optimistic. Problem is I don't believe it. According the the GPS the traffic on our 50mph main arteries travel at 5 mph UNDER the limit. Just don't believe that.

I found the same thing (with a cheapo GPS) so I tested my car and a friend's car, too, and found them to be slower than the speedo indicated, too. Still, i'd trust a cheapo GPS more than I'd trust any speedometer. I'd guess car speedos are generally 5% high, motorcycles and scooters are generally 10% high (and the Blur maybe a little higher than most others). That probably explains a lot of speeding tickets we've all gotten out of over the years.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
mark t

Post by mark t »

that is what I was thinking . and how i've been riding it thanks