Shout out to Kymco

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mrandmrslindholm

Shout out to Kymco

Post by mrandmrslindholm »

I got my Buddy in late August. At that time, my husband really liked the International Italia. However, after he borrowed his brother's scooter for a while, he realized he really wanted a bigger motor. So, he picked up a Kymco Bet and Win 250. After getting it, we visited the local Kymco dealer and found they had no Kymco keychains, shirts, etc. It was a bit disappointing. Fast forward to the end of October. The family and I are in Vegas for the NHRA race and there is a Kymco booth there as Kymco is the "official scooter of the NHRA". We have watched John Force almost crash on his many times! Anyway, we went up and talked to a guy named Drazan who works at the actual warehouse back east. We described the problem in finding Kymco branded merchandise. He gave my husband a few cool items there and promised he would send him a box of stuff. Two days ago, a medium sized box arrived from Drazan with at least 8 t shirts, 4 hats, keychains, drink holders, and some other assorted items. We were really amazed. That is some great customer service.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Sorry, that's not customer service, that's marketing.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Why didn't they have the swag at the booth at the race? In other words: Why have a booth at the race without swag? That's the whole point of having a booth at the races - to hand out swag.
mrandmrslindholm

@ Syd- Call it what you will. We are always surprised when anyone actually follows through with what they say they will do! It was a pleasant surprise.

@k1dude-As mentioned in my post, they did have some items at the race and gave some to my husband.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Was definitely cool of them! I want Genuine swag...
mrandmrslindholm

@ Luna-Me too! Those Buddy socks in the Scooterworks catalog are on my Christmas list!
beastmaster

Post by beastmaster »

Syd wrote:Sorry, that's not customer service, that's marketing.
haterrrrr , thats cool wish i has some t shirt and key chains
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

my engine blew and kymco made good on it

thats service and marketing and good stuff all around :)
Riding is riding