St. Louis Scooter Thieves

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MayaWren

St. Louis Scooter Thieves

Post by MayaWren »

Anyone have their buddy stolen in STL lately?
Wish I knew if they were on a scooter stealing rampage.
Well if they were ready to break the (internal?) lock I'm sure they would have had bolt cutters for the bike lock.

Can't be worth that much anyways right?
-2 yrs old
-over 4,000 miles

Anyways, if anyone sees a green/cream colored scooter in south st. louis NOT being driven by a girl with a backpack would you email me the location? worth a shot right?
I hate today.
Thank you in advance.

mayawren@gmail.com
:cry:
Attachments
buddys.jpg
buddys.jpg (34.99 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Last edited by MayaWren on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

Jerks!

Best of luck on this.
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
heatherkay

Post by heatherkay »

Sounds like someone has an MO

viewtopic.php?t=20047
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Bastiges. Sorry to hear about the heist. Between you and Reesh, that's two Italias. Keep an eye out on Craigslist - you never know if it might pop up. Let the guys at Maplewood Scooter know as well, in case someone comes in looking for parts.

Actually, if you see an Italia 150 in STL being ridden by an old fat guy, it's probably me. So don't call the cops on me just yet!
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
PIStaker

Post by PIStaker »

PeteH wrote:Bastiges. Sorry to hear about the heist. Between you and Reesh, that's two Italias. Keep an eye out on Craigslist - you never know if it might pop up. Let the guys at Maplewood Scooter know as well, in case someone comes in looking for parts.

Actually, if you see an Italia 150 in STL being ridden by an old fat guy, it's probably me. So don't call the cops on me just yet!
Fargin Iceholes!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Sorry to hear about the theft!

Looks like you posted on the Scoot.net registry. That'd be one place to see if thefts are running rampant. Unfortunately, most victims are unaware of the registry and it looks like it's full of spam right now.
http://scoot.net/stolen/

Same goes for Scooteralert.com.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MayaWren

Post by MayaWren »

Must be professional scooter thieves around the south side. That sucks. Any thoughts on where they take them/why they would want to steal scooters so badly? Thinking about it today and I couldn't imagine why someone would take a scooter when a car (many cars) in the city are easier to steal/would make them more money.

Who knows.

Starting from square one now. Looking at bikes on craigslist.
BUMMER!
amy

Post by amy »

Also, keep your eyes on eBay.