Rattling dash...?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drumwoulf

Rattling dash...?

Post by Drumwoulf »

Do y'all have rattling dash's?

My '07 has an annoyingly loud buzz/rattle in the dash that goes away when I put my hand on top of the glass part! (Do I hafta ride that way all the time?) :P

Anyone got a fix? :?

Thanx
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I recently noticed a buzzing or rattling of something, but as it happens when I am moving I haven't tracked it down yet.

It's not real loud, and doesn't sound like engine or trans kind of rattling, so I haven't been too concerned.

I'll try putting a gloved hand on the dash next time I hear it and let you know if that's it.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
jetboy

Post by jetboy »

I've got that issue. I tried tightening up the screws, but they were as tight as could be. I'm just ignoring it for now. If I ever have the need to open it up I might really try and see what could be causing it and stick some foam tape or something in there. I notice it lessens somewhat when I apply both brakes. Hmmm...

-jetboy
"All these things - like telly witch-doctors, and advertising pimps, and show business pop song pirates - they despise us - dig? - they sell us cut-price sequins when we think we're getting diamonds."
ICEMAN

Post by ICEMAN »

I had that too.....there are two screws underneath the dash on each side, it may seem like they are tight enough but they are not, they have come loose two times now and when tightened the buzz or rattel goes away.......I am going to use some blue lock tight when I get a chance and see if that cures the problem permanently.
ThisDude

Post by ThisDude »

I have a slight rattling too that goes away when I press both brakes.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

ThisDude wrote:I have a slight rattling too that goes away when I press both brakes.
I find my rattling noise goes away when I stop shaking my head ...
DO3

Post by DO3 »

Mine had a rattle or buzz and it came from the lower portion of the horncast and the way it mounted. I tracked it down but never figured out a good fix.
un_designer

Post by un_designer »

either mine doesn't have it, or i'm deaf. i hope it's the former and not the latter.
Keys

Post by Keys »

I noticed mine has a distinct rattle in the glovebox area. Discovered it's caused by all the crap I carry in it.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
ejaseisme

Post by ejaseisme »

Funny, mine rattles too and goes away with brake pressure.