No longer a wannabe....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Buddy_wannabe

No longer a wannabe....

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

Well.... I'm no longer a Buddy_wannabe .... I am now a Buddy_am_be(?)..... Owner ..... I picked one up today !!!!! Only had time for a very short ride .... had other thing that had to be done GRRRR ... it was dark when I got done ...so didnt think that would be the best time to give her a try.....

Gotta say it was a rush... rode a 3 wheeler a couple times back in the early 80's :)
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Congrats! Who did you buy it from?
-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
jetboy

Post by jetboy »

Congrats! FYI - There will never be enough time to ride...even when it is light out. :wink: Are you going to change your username now?

-jetboy
"All these things - like telly witch-doctors, and advertising pimps, and show business pop song pirates - they despise us - dig? - they sell us cut-price sequins when we think we're getting diamonds."
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

Congrats!

Where did you purchase it from?

Daylight Savings Time is extended so you'll have a little more daylight hours to ride.

What is the breakin on the 50? Do you need 500 miles before you can go 30mph?
DO3

Post by DO3 »

Schweet, finally found that sunset 50 that's been evading you. Enjoy.
Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

Thanx all ... :D :D ... I got it at Starr Cycle in Mankato . Worked out real good . Talked to Peter there on the phone early Monday , he told me store hours were till 5:30 .. I couldnt make it till 7:00 he said no problem and met me there 7:00 ... he had all the paperwork done ,ready to go when I got there .... All I had to do was sign papers & pay. He showed me all the stuff on the Buddy , gave e few helpful tips, loaded it up and I was on my way home around 8:00 . Got a decent price , get 10% off accessories for year and he went out of his way to work with my schedual .... I thought that was cool... Peter seems like a "real into scooters" person

jetboy -Probably leave name the same for now ...

ryder1 - If Im reading it right need to keep it under half throttle for 150 Miles ... I may have slipped over that already :oops: oops
ThisDude

Post by ThisDude »

Don't worry about being occasionally hard on the throttle in fact there have been instances of having too easy a break in and shattering a piston ring when going immediately to full out because of having a stretched conrod, it's on wikipedia, and I have heard of it happening though it's like a one in a million thing. What's important is varying the throttle and not staying at a single rpm for extended periods.
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Peter's a good guy. And you're right--he's very into scooters.
Congrats again.
-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug