anyone with a ncy 171cc kit

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

easy

anyone with a ncy 171cc kit

Post by easy »

I am thinking abt getting a 171cc cylinder from scooterworks. I just want to get some feedback on it first. How much of a difference does it make. Do you feel that it makes less dependable? Did you also go with a bigger head? What I'm thinking of doing is getting the bigger head and using my old head to kit (swmbo) 125 buddy.
what did you trade the day for?
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

I've got the 171 kit with the bigger head and a stroker crank, giving me 183cc. It didn't change my top speed, but I sure get there a lot quicker. Power off the line is fantastic. The bike will wheelie if you don't lean forward if you really gun the throttle.

I haven't had any reliability issues related to the new kit, either. I've got 6000 or 7000 on it.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
easy

Post by easy »

great write on your blog. I'm looking at the cylinder that supposed to fit without boring the case. I want to do this myself. SWMBO (she who must be obyed) said that i wasnt spending no more money on the scooter that i should sell it and get a motorcycle. I do want a Ducati monster so bad just not bad enough to let go of my black jack
what did you trade the day for?