Urban Scootin

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

teabow1

Urban Scootin

Post by teabow1 »

Hope it's okay to ask this here. I'm trying to register at the forum, Urban Scootin http://www.urbanscootin.com, but their registration is closed and contacting the website admin doesn't work. The email bounces. I'm try to get on more scooter forums. Anyone know what's wrong?

And besides Modern Buddy, what's a good forum for neophyte scooterist?
Syd

Post by Syd »

I don't know about UrbanScootin, but there is no better board than MB. :)
The majority is always sane - Nessus
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Syd wrote:I don't know about UrbanScootin, but there is no better board than MB. :)
Not that I've been on any other sites, but I'd have to agree. Out of all the forums I have been on ever, MB is the most open, honest, friendly and helpful, with minimal bickering- and even when there is bickering, it doesn't lead to serious bad blood.

Esp when scooter/moto/two-wheel communities can house a lot of snobbery, I think you can't really get better than MB.
uncleralph

Post by uncleralph »

UrbanScootin had a real problem with spam a while back and their solution was to block new registrations. This has of course pretty much made it go defunct. I still check every now and then, but there are only several posts a week.

TotalRuckus.com is a pretty active forum focused primarilly on Honda scooters.

Ralph
teabow1

Post by teabow1 »

Ah, okay. Thanks all!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The only other forum I'm active on is ModernVespa. That's really all I have time for!

I do lurk a bit on Stellaspeed.com.

I also look at the classifieds and rally pics on Scoot.net.

Though not a forum, 2strokeBuzz.com (by MB moderator illnoise) is a great source for news and info.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

ModernBuddy is where it's at, that's primarily what I'll post on.

I also lurk a little on ModernVespa, but mostly post on there for scooter tag. I go on TotalRuckus to see about area rides and events. I lurk on ADV Rider to read about other peoples adventures, and finally, I occassionally check on WMASA for local issues.
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

I have to agree with everyone, MB is one of the better forums out there and I dont even own a Buddy.

I used to be apart of a Honda SH forum but there was way to much old man bickering goins on.
TheHazardsOfChad

Post by TheHazardsOfChad »

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone have a membership with UrbanScootin.com that they no longer use?

There are a couple threads I would like to respond to there, but with the registrations closed (and no valid admin email) it has become impossible.

Any help would be great.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

+1 about ModernBuddy. They're my favorite as well.

I sometimes post on modernvespa (MP3 forum), and when I had a Yamaha Majesty 400, I used to post on "MajestyUSA" on occassion.
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's