Another movie with a scooter...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rsrider

Another movie with a scooter...

Post by rsrider »

Just watched "Stay Cool" http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Stay_Co ... kid=496624, and it has a nice scoot in it with a cool sidecar. And Winona Ryder is still CUTE!!!!!! The movie was not bad, except the male lead was a bit too much of an emo for my taste. Just sayin..........
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
TVB

Post by TVB »

The reviews on Netflix are... not kind. :)
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Funny, I saw that at the video store last night. I passed.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Attack the Block. On Netflix. Scooter vs,. aliens. Nick Frost. Enough said.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

ericalm wrote:Attack the Block. On Netflix. Scooter vs,. aliens. Nick Frost. Enough said.
Yep, just saw that. The scooter looked chinese and something you would buy at a discount dept. store, same with the mini sportbike. It just didn't register as something real........hahaha but, the movie was pretty good for low budget horror flick, and yeah, Nick frickin Frost.....more of a cameo type appearance, but the movie was still good.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

rsrider wrote:
ericalm wrote:Attack the Block. On Netflix. Scooter vs,. aliens. Nick Frost. Enough said.
Yep, just saw that. The scooter looked chinese and something you would buy at a discount dept. store, same with the mini sportbike. It just didn't register as something real........hahaha but, the movie was pretty good for low budget horror flick, and yeah, Nick frickin Frost.....more of a cameo type appearance, but the movie was still good.
Definitely a low budget scooter in a low budget movie, but it fit the characters who were lower-class kids living in low income housing. (That's a lot of lows!)

I thought the movie was a lot of fun.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
TVB

Post by TVB »

Just watched it, and yeah, the bikes were perfectly appropriate to the setting, and they played their role well. The limited - but well-used - special effects budget was in keeping with the traditions of UK TV SF. :)
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

On a Nick Frost tangent.....I just finished reading Simon Pegg's autobiography "Nerd do Well", and unless you're interested in Pegg's life BEFORE he was famous, skip it. He crams his celebrity life into the last 3 or 4 chapters, each rather short, and the rest is more focused on his Star Wars obsession and his love of acting and playing to the crowd. So, no dishing the dirt type stuff to be had. Cheers!!