2000 mile road trip on a stock 2012 Stella 4T... holy epic!

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Spiffy

2000 mile road trip on a stock 2012 Stella 4T... holy epic!

Post by Spiffy »

I'll just put my blog link here: http://spifford.tumblr.com/tagged/scooter

Portland, Oregon to Los Angeles, California and back... left on Thursday morning, got back late last night...

it was seriously epic...

I took Hwy 101 and Hwy 1 most of the way down the coast... mostly took Hwy 101 while in CA since I was running out of time...

it's amazing how much longer everything takes at 50 mph...

only real serious issue was the evap system, which if you followed my BFE post ended up disconnected so I could continue my journey... and the rear flat was just a little time consuming but no big deal...

I wasn't hassled by the cops at all... and only a couple people seemed annoyed that I was traveling as fast as a fully loaded semi...

I won't be taking any trips that long again... whew!
lorenajack

Post by lorenajack »

Yeah, but think of all the scenery you were able to take in during your journey! I'm not sure I would have the nerve to take my 2005 Stella on such a long trip. My luck something would go haywire in the middle of nowhere and I'd be stuck!
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

lorenajack wrote:Yeah, but think of all the scenery you were able to take in during your journey!
which is exactly why I did it...
rondothemidget

Post by rondothemidget »

My compliments. You've given us all something to strive for.
keith1295

Post by keith1295 »

Congratulations!!!!!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

thats crazy!

an Ironbutt Stella :shock:
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Damn!

Wish I'd known you were down here. I'd have bought you lunch or something. (Offer not open to everyone. You gotta ride 1,000 miles for that one. 500 miles gets you a beer.)

Where'd you put the 12v outlet? Bottom of outside of glovebox? I haven't done my install yet.

Curious as to where you stopped along the way. Camp the whole time?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Very cool ride!...and an even better offer Eric :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Spiffy

Post by Spiffy »

ericalm wrote:Wish I'd known you were down here. I'd have bought you lunch or something. (Offer not open to everyone. You gotta ride 1,000 miles for that one. 500 miles gets you a beer.)
yeah I didn't see your post about meeting until I got back... doh!
ericalm wrote:Where'd you put the 12v outlet? Bottom of outside of glovebox? I haven't done my install yet.
exactly, bottom left... far enough in to keep dry but away from crowding the column inside the glove box... I put lots of stuff in there all the time and didn't want to worry about hitting the contacts so it's off to the left...
ericalm wrote:Curious as to where you stopped along the way. Camp the whole time?
I was prepared to camp, but it was too cold so I wussed out and used Motel 6... in warmer weather with a large group camping would be awesome... that's the only way I'd do it again... or maybe just for lunch and a beer... sometimes I'm crazy like that...