*¿§!! Gearbox

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

easy

*¿§!! Gearbox

Post by easy »

i took off my gearbox to swap out with another one and cant get it to seat all the way on. There's abt 1/4 in gap I have turned the gears to get them to mesh and no change
what did you trade the day for?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Can you post a pic?

Was this a stock replacement?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
easy

Post by easy »

sorry i cant post a pic i'm on the road till friday
2wheelNsanity

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

Hey, where did you get the gear box from? I think the problem with my scoot is gear box related and not the computer. I rode without my helmet on so that I could hear what was going on when it started to lugg and learch. The engine made no noticable rev change, and there was a grinding feeling coming from the rear wheel. So I was wondering how much a new set of gears etc. would cost? I hope you get your problem fixed :) .
easy

Post by easy »

got a used one off somebody parting out one here. I ordered new bearings thru scooterloungeonline. I've all ready went thru 2 sets so i am doing it myself this time. After alot of reseach the bearing in the clutch goes bad due to dust off of the clutch. That's not my problem maybe it's your's.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

2wheelNsanity wrote:Hey, where did you get the gear box from? I think the problem with my scoot is gear box related and not the computer. I rode without my helmet on so that I could hear what was going on when it started to lugg and learch. The engine made no noticable rev change, and there was a grinding feeling coming from the rear wheel. So I was wondering how much a new set of gears etc. would cost? I hope you get your problem fixed :) .
If your clutch bearing goes, you may (probably will) hear a grinding and the rear wheel may be hard to turn by hand. The lurching suggests it may be something else, though.

Have you looked in the transmission at all? How're the belt and rollers?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
2wheelNsanity

Post by 2wheelNsanity »

I didn't mean to jump this thred, but I just changed the rollers (300mi. ago) and the belt looked good, there wasn't that much belt dust, I didn't take the clutch off, and was waiting to do anything else until I can get it to the dealer and have them put it on the computer to see if it may be a programming thing. Thanx for the replies :) .
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

I just replaced the gears in my Rattler 110cc and I just contacted the nearest Genuine dealer and ordered the gears that I needed. I used one of my old gears but replaced everything else, cover, gears, bearings, gasket, and it cost $159 shipped to me front door. So if I had to do it over thats what I would do.