Where do you keep your registration?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

TelPerian

Where do you keep your registration?

Post by TelPerian »

When the dealer dropped Chrometheus off to me, he left the registration in the pet carrier. Since I'm in and out of the pet carrier much more often than I ever was my glove box in my car, I'm paranoid about losing it. In fact, I use all three storage spaces on Chromethus (glove bucket, pet carrier, top case) so much so that I worry about putting my registration anywhere. Where do you guys keep it so you don't lose it?
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

When I had an open-glove-bucket scoot, I actually got one of those vinyl document wallets for cars that they have at Target-the ones for keeping your registration and proof of insurance all together and handy. The doc wallet went in the pet carrier.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

In Missouri, we're not required to carry proof of registration in vehicles, but I keep a copy of my insurance card (which we _are_ required to carry), a copy of the state law allowing motorcycles to bypass road sensors, a copy of my roadside-assist card, a small pad and pen for jotting down gas/mileage, and a $10 bill in a ziploc in my pet carrier. I've had to replace the ziploc once or twice due to holes, so I should probably upgrade to one of the many conference-badge-pouches I have.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

I use the smallest one of these these to keep registration, proof of insurance in the pet carrier. Ziplocks work just as well...just happened to have an extra water-proof pouch in my dive bag.
Scooting is good for the soul....

jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I keep mine in my wallet with my proof of insurance.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

In the tool pouch under the seat
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
schroeder

Post by schroeder »

I keep mine in a ziploc bag also, but I tape it to the bottom with duct tape. This way it will not come out accidentally if you pull other stuff out. Just pull up one corner of the tape and unzip the bag if I need to get it. Keep the insurance card in there too.
Me? I ride for the bugs!
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

BuddyRaton wrote:In the tool pouch under the seat

ditto
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

I go in and out of my pet carrier at least twice for every trip I make. So I have mine in one of the insurance card plastic mini-folders that my insurance company hands out when you sign up, with my registration and the owner's manual. I taped it to the side of my pet carrier, and am just careful not to squish it or tear it.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

BuddyRaton wrote:In the tool pouch under the seat
This. I can't remember what was in the tool pouch, but I deemed it worthless.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Walmart has a nylon waterproof zipper bag that I put it in. It's something like $2 and comes in a bunch of different colors. It works great. I got the red so I'd be able to find it easily.

It looks like this but is much cheaper:

Edwub

Post by Edwub »

Know what's really convenient?

One of those little pouches you use when you're mailing a package, like from Fedex. The little pouches you stick a few pieces of paper in with shipment info, then slap on the side of a box?

I don't know what they're called, so the only picture I could find is:

They hold all your paperwork just fine, waterproof, are super, super thin. And you can remove the adhesive backing and stick it just fine along the side of your pet carrier: it'll take WAY less room than a pouch bouncing around in there.

The adhesive holds fine for quite a while, and if not just grab a new pouch! It also wipes away really easily with just the tiniest bit of cleaner or rubbing alcohol, so no worries about residual goop later.

edit: Fedex Airbill Pouch

The kind they toss on like Image,

Comes like this:

Super convenient, I've been using these for years. License, registration, a $20 bill and a few scraps of paper. Takes only a few millimeters of room as it's stuck perfectly to the side.
TVB

Post by TVB »

rsrider wrote:I can't remember what was in the tool pouch, but I deemed it worthless.
A spark plug remover. Which I realized only after I bought one.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Edwub wrote:Know what's really convenient?

One of those little pouches you use when you're mailing a package, like from Fedex.
GREAT Idea!

For the Stella, honestly, envelope pin the glovebox right now. For the Vespa, I have one of those slim document wallets, Velcro'd to the inside door of the glovebox. (I may do the same in the Stella now.) For the PX, uh… registration?

I bought a couple of these (online), which I thought might be good for scooter papers, but I was wrong:

I'm not even sure they'll make good wallets. How does stuff not fall out? Stupid impulse buy.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
rayk

Post by rayk »

I use a vinyl CD pocket that's adhesive on one side. They are used to attach a CD/DVD to the inside of a book cover. Adhere it to the side of the "pet carrier" and has a flap which can be tucked in. Registration and Insurance Card fit nicely. Office supply store, although I just grabbed mine from work.
MB #2932
Ride safe.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Freezer bag that holds Owner's manual (for weight), a #10 envelope that holds insurance card and registration, and something else that I can't think of right now but is extremely important to carry around. I guess.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Edwub wrote:Know what's really convenient?

One of those little pouches you use when you're mailing a package, like from Fedex. The little pouches you stick a few pieces of paper in with shipment info, then slap on the side of a box?

I don't know what they're called, so the only picture I could find is:

They hold all your paperwork just fine, waterproof, are super, super thin. And you can remove the adhesive backing and stick it just fine along the side of your pet carrier: it'll take WAY less room than a pouch bouncing around in there.

The adhesive holds fine for quite a while, and if not just grab a new pouch! It also wipes away really easily with just the tiniest bit of cleaner or rubbing alcohol, so no worries about residual goop later.

edit: Fedex Airbill Pouch

The kind they toss on like Image,

Comes like this:

Super convenient, I've been using these for years. License, registration, a $20 bill and a few scraps of paper. Takes only a few millimeters of room as it's stuck perfectly to the side.
Yep. That's what I do. I have mine stuck to the side wall of the pet carrier.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
hcstrider

Post by hcstrider »

I keep my registration and an insurance card inside my pet carrier, stored in a vinyl document holder which is velcro taped to the wall of the pet carrier. I got the document holder from Harley Davidson for about $10 but you could easily make something like this yourself although it might cost you more to make it yourself. The vinyl document holder is roughly 3" x 5" with a zip lock seal and velcro tape on 1 side which attaches to velcro tape which is taped inside my pet carrier. The picture shows the document holder attached to saddle bags but with the velcro tape you could attach it anywhere: inside the pet carrier, under the seat, inside a top case, etc ...
Attachments
DocHolder.jpg
DocHolder.jpg (32.79 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Wayne
The safest rule, no ifs or buts
Just drive like everyone else is nuts! (Burma Shave)
DanielPerrin

Post by DanielPerrin »

Choice 1: A vinyl document wallet that came from my insurance company. I can keep both the insurance card and the registration in there. I put that in the pet carrier. It's sturdy enough that it can bounce around in the pet carrier without getting crushed

Choice 2: Since I always ride with my jacket, I use one of the chest pockets for both documents.
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death