Slower Speed.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jasonkoscho

Slower Speed.

Post by jasonkoscho »

Sooo - im not sure if this is a mental issue (which i have plenty of) or if there is actually something different with me blur.

I just did my first oil change, but did not change the filter yet. And it seems that the performance is lacking.

It seems to be that the engine is "slipping". when i accelerate, my speed will increase and then level out and then speed up and then level out and the speed up.. etc.. Almost like a "stop-and-go" action. When im just holding the throttle in the same position.

I checked the oil and it did seem high - could too much oil be causing this?

Any ideas?
chizizad

Had same problem

Post by chizizad »

Hey bud had the same problem after doing my last oil change while not changing the filter. Thought I measured the oil really well but after riding it felt like it would bog out on me. I checked the oil and it seemed high so I did drain it and found that the filter or something must have retained more than I had thought . I refilled checked let run and topped off and all seems to be running very well now. Hope you scoot gets back to normal!
jasonkoscho

Oil.

Post by jasonkoscho »

Yeah - thats what i've been thinking too. Glad im not the only one.
Ill drain it and replace the filter - thanks.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

:!: I wonder if I was having this problem after I did my oil change (w/out changing the filter) in Wyoming...

Has anybody else experienced this?
vaderscoot

Post by vaderscoot »

one way to avoid the problem all together is measure the amount of oil you remove and replace it with exactly the same amount
chizizad

????'s

Post by chizizad »

Hadn't thought of this but is it possible being that the Blur is Oil cooled that the extra oil could possbliy be coming from whatever unit is cooling the oil?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

vaderscoot wrote:one way to avoid the problem all together is measure the amount of oil you remove and replace it with exactly the same amount
...except I drained my oil into an aluminum piepan that Renegade Pilgrim bought at the Dollar Store. :wink:
jasonkoscho

Oil.

Post by jasonkoscho »

Just as a follow up. I put a new filter in and the oil level dropped a significant amount; and im back up to my normal speeds...
smokin_cannon

Post by smokin_cannon »

just wanted to report that this same issue has happened to me.
i changed the oil for first time and performance dropped; sluggish response and poor acceleration. after i drained an additional oz or so, it perked right back up.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I'm going to drain all my oil and see if that makes it really fast. : )
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

illnoise wrote:I'm going to drain all my oil and see if that makes it really fast. : )
Yep, you'll be going to the mechanic real fast!

... speaking of which - today makes 4 weeks my scooter has been sitting in the shop. Still waiting on parts from Genuine - seems to me if they can't send the parts right away they could just send a whole engine ...
NoogaScooter

Post by NoogaScooter »

... speaking of which - today makes 4 weeks my scooter has been sitting in the shop. Still waiting on parts from Genuine - seems to me if they can't send the parts right away they could just send a whole engine ...
I think I'd be POSTAL by 2 weeks. I hope you get back on those wheels soon!

Later,
NS
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

NoogaScooter wrote:
I think I'd be POSTAL by 2 weeks. I hope you get back on those wheels soon!

Later,
NS
I think my dealer is more frustrated than I am.

I WILL be asking for an extension of my warranty.

-Mark
BlueMark

New Blur

Post by BlueMark »

BlueMark wrote: ... speaking of which - today makes 4 weeks my scooter has been sitting in the shop. Still waiting on parts from Genuine - seems to me if they can't send the parts right away they could just send a whole engine ...
I had a bad power shaft bearing, just needed a replacement - plus assorted seals etc. I don't know why, but Genuine couldn't manage to put the parts in a box and send them to the dealer ... so the dealer and I are saying why not send a new engine? ... well, going into the 5th week ... Genuine is now going to send a brand new '06 Blur - should be in the shop on Tuesday. Wow.

Sure is great to have a dealer who is also your advocate. And thanks to Genuine for stepping up.

-Mark
Erlkonig

Post by Erlkonig »

you mean that the dealer will give u a new scooter?
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Erlkonig wrote:you mean that the dealer will give u a new scooter?
Genuine Scooter Company is sending a new scooter to the dealer to replace my scooter under warranty, that way I'm back on the road (after 5 weeks) while they sort out the parts problems and the figure out the engine failure on their own schedule.