Just saw these...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mutt the Hoople

Just saw these...

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

http://fab.com/sale/5289/?navEmail=1&sa ... tion=false

Hope the link works.... We carried Kristin Lora's jewelry where I used to wor, itnis very cool and fun. Scroll down... Two different pairs of "Vespa" scooter earrings..... Are they Vespas? Could they not be Stellas? Ladies... We need these. I know I need a pair of them. :D
96 Decibel Freaks
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Me too!!!
Scooting is good for the soul....

michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Very cute--a little pricey though.... :)
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

Should get the swimmer in one ear and a shark in the other.
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

Ummm no not to my taste... I suppose it will please some. R
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

I think they're kinda cool... but yeah, way too pricey. I could make a hudnred pairs of these for what one pair costs.

I like the alligators though >.<
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

HAHAHAHA not for 80+ dollars I don't need them! Definitely not my style of jewelry either.

I would love some kind of scooter earring, though. I want the Vespa brand merch to pop back up on Fab.
Mutt the Hoople

In don't have $80 to spend either... But I do think they are a hoot. However, I do jewelry, and I do photo-etching and enameling, so I think I am going to do a small photo-etching of my scooter, enamel it and do some fun earrings for the summer. I actually did my own key ring. If they turn out I can do some extra pairs. I did a badge for my leather jacket too. The funny thing is I do all kinds of stuff for other people, and never, or rarely get to do anything for me lol
96 Decibel Freaks
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

AWinn6889 wrote:I think they're kinda cool... but yeah, way too pricey. I could make a hudnred pairs of these for what one pair costs.
I'll take two pairs at $25 each then!

Tip for Fab members: If you're going to link, use your personal link for the item. That way you get credits should someone join and buy anything. The easiest way to get the link from what I've found is by hitting the Twitter share button, then copying it from there. Fab tacks a little code at the end to identify that the click through came from you.

My code is irpt60, so my link would be:
http://fab.com/sale/5289/irpt60/

Sharing and earning credits is the name of the game!

I'm a bit of a Fab addict. Most recent purchase:
Print only $10.50!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

ericalm wrote:
AWinn6889 wrote:I think they're kinda cool... but yeah, way too pricey. I could make a hudnred pairs of these for what one pair costs.
I didn't say for other people ;)
I think these earrings would look a little silly on you anyway Eric :P
Mutt the Hoople

Lol... That's about what I sell them for Eric! I used to have a really nice metal studio until the economy crashed... I worked in sterling and fine silver, 18k and 22k and sometimes platinum. With precious metals being what they are, I got into more pop-art types of things, and using alternative materials. Love photo-etching though. It's just a different way of thinking, not really a compromise. And BTW... That print would look pretty cool photo etched into a badge with a red enamel back. I can see it now.....
96 Decibel Freaks
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

AWinn6889 wrote:
ericalm wrote:
I didn't say for other people ;)
I think these earrings would look a little silly on you anyway Eric :P
What are you going to do with a hundred pairs?!

Not for me; gifts for the ladies.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Mutt the Hoople

He could cover his riding jacket with them... Like The Pearly King... He could be The Scooter King instead
96 Decibel Freaks
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Mutt the Hoople wrote:In don't have $80 to spend either... But I do think they are a hoot. However, I do jewelry, and I do photo-etching and enameling, so I think I am going to do a small photo-etching of my scooter, enamel it and do some fun earrings for the summer. I actually did my own key ring. If they turn out I can do some extra pairs. I did a badge for my leather jacket too. The funny thing is I do all kinds of stuff for other people, and never, or rarely get to do anything for me lol
That's awesome!! I'd love to see a photo when you're done!
Mutt the Hoople

Will do.
96 Decibel Freaks