Random Question about Buddy 150

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

adorkable8605

Random Question about Buddy 150

Post by adorkable8605 »

Does anyone know what the thing is under the gas tank?
Attachments
Thing Under Gas.jpeg
Thing Under Gas.jpeg (99.54 KiB) Viewed 384 times
Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

You must be a little more specific. Maybe the fuel filter?
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
adorkable8605

Post by adorkable8605 »

Lol I think it's the either a fuel filter (but the dealer looked at me like I was crazy when I showed him a picture of it) or it's the pepcock (sp)...

It's on the bottom of the gas tank with a big goldish colored nut and two tubes coming out of it...
adorkable8605

Post by adorkable8605 »

Another question...Is there a website where I can order both a heidenau k61 tire and some rear brake pads/shoes at the same time or do I need to do it seperately...
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

That is your fuel shutoff valve, aka the 'petcock'. It mounts to the bottom of the tank, and has two hoses coming from it - one that carries fuel (to the fuel filter and then to the carb) and another vacuum hose from the carb's connection to the intake manifold. When the engine is turning, the cylinder/piston pulls a vacuum at the manifold, and this opens the valve and lets fuel flow to the carb.

Contrast this with other / older designs with a mechanical (meaning turn-it-on-yourself) petcock.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

adorkable8605 wrote:Another question...Is there a website where I can order both a heidenau k61 tire and some rear brake pads/shoes at the same time or do I need to do it seperately...
http://www.scooterwest.com

If they don't have both online, call them. They carry them.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…