My Buddy is 26,000 miles strong!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

blueeyelou

My Buddy is 26,000 miles strong!

Post by blueeyelou »

I just bought my first scooter which is a Buddy 125. I dson't know why I purchased a bike with 25K miles on it other than the shop selling it had all the records since it was new and gave me a complete warranty for 6 months. I felt if they had that much faith in it then what the hell. Needless to say I am blown away by the power & quality of these little guys. I've had lot's of big bikes but this has been a blast so far. The engine doesn't smoke, leak and sounds tight. How could these engines / drivetrains stand up to the assault of high rev endurance so well? Looking forward to many fun times on the forum --will post pics soon. Thanks, Mark
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the 26K club!
I'm almost at 27K :wink:
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

nice! Hope you got a great deal!

it sounds like a lot, but I bet worst case they rebuild it and then it's good as new!
chas

Re: My Buddy is 26,000 miles strong!

Post by chas »

blueeyelou wrote:I just bought my first scooter which is a Buddy 125. I dson't know why I purchased a bike with 25K miles on it other than the shop selling it had all the records since it was new and gave me a complete warranty for 6 months. I felt if they had that much faith in it then what the hell. Needless to say I am blown away by the power & quality of these little guys. I've had lot's of big bikes but this has been a blast so far. The engine doesn't smoke, leak and sounds tight. How could these engines / drivetrains stand up to the assault of high rev endurance so well? Looking forward to many fun times on the forum --will post pics soon. Thanks, Mark
Welcome Mark! Glad to see another Orange County Buddy owner in this forum!
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Nice! I just passed 20k on mine! Keep on riding! 8)
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Coaster

Post by Coaster »

Nice! We just bought a Buddy 125 with a mere 2600 miles on it. It's a great little scooter.
blueeyelou

Thanks for the Welcoming Party!

Post by blueeyelou »

Well I paid $1100 but with the warranty and 1 owner with all reciepts I could have done worse. It's Red and it came with the front and rear chrome racks with the side bars along the lower body, and matching chrome bumper around the front fender, New Prima Stainless Exhaust and Genuine Brand (shorty) Windshield. The shop had just installed new tires and a clutch. Not a scratch on it - just BOO-KOO Mileage!
Anyway I did install a couple of small stickers on either side that say "Scooter Trash" - Cuz that's what I've become! Haven't driven my truck hardly since I got the bike and my wife thinks I'm Frikkin' CRAZY!!!
Later Guys- Beep as you go by....
rondothemidget

Post by rondothemidget »

I'm always happy to see more scooter riders in Orange County.
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

who gave the warranty? it's not transferable as far as genuine is concerned.
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

jijifer wrote:who gave the warranty? it's not transferable as far as genuine is concerned.
The shop that he bought it from.
It may be different than Genuine's warranty, but I'm sure it still covers enough to be worthwhile.
Some places that sell used vehicles do that to protect themselves from lawsuits if something happens soon after it was purchased, especially in states that have lemon laws. Ie. "Well, we provided a warranty, if the consumer failed to take us up on that warranty and continued operating the vehicle with such and such broken/not working properly, and it has since completely failed or caused major damage, it's not our fault."
The dealer I bought my Jetta from last year included a 3 month warranty on it, and it was already over 100K (which excuses it from the NY lemon law anyway).
Last edited by AWinn6889 on Thu May 10, 2012 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
chas

Post by chas »

jijifer wrote:who gave the warranty? it's not transferable as far as genuine is concerned.
I don't know about the warranty but they let me use the road side assistance after I had bought it from the original owner. They just asked for the original owner's name and sent a truck out for me.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

These are very solid scooters. 26k is just fine for a maintained Buddy 125. :) Congrats and welcome!
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

chas wrote:
I don't know about the warranty but they let me use the road side assistance after I had bought it from the original owner. They just asked for the original owner's name and sent a truck out for me.
that was super nice of them! they don't have to. Genuine is a class act!
blueeyelou

More Buddy Blog

Post by blueeyelou »

It was a 6 mo. drivetrain warranty offered by the shop as incentive for buyers and confirming they thought the bike was sound. The owner told me that he had heard of Buddys that had gone 50,000 mi before they even needed a top end rebuild.

I think the only short coming of this bike is the suspension feels like it bottoms out in front or is sloppy. I haven't ridden another one so have nothing to compare it to. I'm going to look into that soon. Speed bumps are a real HAZARD right now! Later, Mark