I had a NIGHTMARE last night..................

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kimmiekarma

I had a NIGHTMARE last night..................

Post by kimmiekarma »

I had a dream that my Beautiful, Brand new Shiny, Pamplona was stolen......

My scooter was parked and ignition locked only, when a skinny hippie type man with wavy, white shoulder-length, hair,wearing a brightly colored tie-dyed T-shirt and a pair of shorts and a small hoop earring in his right ear walked up to my scooter and just said some mumblings "hey check it out man..... Wow....look at this...." And then......somehow..... he was able to just start it up and drive away.....I was somehow watching this from afar but unable do or say anything about it. I started running..... I ran and ran and yelled to anyone who would listen "Did you see that!!?!?!? That guy just stole my scooter!!",

I would see him then he would disappear then I would run..... he would be like right around the corner and I would turn the corner and he would be gone!!! I would Shout and scream to everyone on the street "THAT GUY STOLE MY SCOOTER!!!!! Help me!!!" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

"What guy where?" and it went on and on like this til I woke up. I was truly DEVASTATED beyond words in this crazy, stress-filled horror of a drama I was experiencing as I was asleep.........

Glad it was just a dream but it has been HAUNTING me all day...........
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

:lol:
Riding is riding
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

the sh*t you own, ends up owning you.............
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Just for the record: not all aging hippie types with earrings are out to steal your scoot. I, for one, already have one. :)
kimmiekarma

Post by kimmiekarma »

TVB wrote:Just for the record: not all aging hippie types with earrings are out to steal your scoot. I, for one, already have one. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Interesting how vivid everything was about the hippe theif in my dream!! See..... I subconciously know who is really a scooter freak at heart even in my dream.
Hey I am a Hippie Chick myself!!!!
I don't think of myself as old either ...........and don't have white hair!!
Keys

Post by Keys »

kimmiekarma wrote:.... I subconciously know who is really a scooter freak at heart even in my dream!
Not sure I approve of this stereotyping here...I, for one, am an extremely conservative former Marine, former law enforcement, current jazz musician, never a hippie-type who has been riding and loving scooters for over 40 years. I think that qualifies as a scooter freak without the ugly tie-dye or silly earring.
"Life without music would Bb"
kimmiekarma

Post by kimmiekarma »

Keys wrote:
kimmiekarma wrote:.... I subconciously know who is really a scooter freak at heart even in my dream!
Not sure I approve of this stereotyping here...I, for one, am an extremely conservative former Marine, former law enforcement, current jazz musician, never a hippie-type who has been riding and loving scooters for over 40 years. I think that qualifies as a scooter freak without the ugly tie-dye or silly earring.
I think I disapprove of your idea that an earring is silly and that a tie-dye shirt is ugly!! Soooooooooooooooo I guess that means we are all allowed our own opinions of how we see the world! I think that scooter people, for the most part, are rather eclectic and preetyt cool! There are exceptions but this has been my observations so far......that would include Hippie types as well!!.................. :wink: :wink: :wink:
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

damn hippies

:wink:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I am the exact opposite of Keys and also not a hippie. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
50CC Cape Cod

Post by 50CC Cape Cod »

kimmiekarma wrote:
TVB wrote:Just for the record: not all aging hippie types with earrings are out to steal your scoot. I, for one, already have one. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Interesting how vivid everything was about the hippe theif in my dream!!
Hey I am a Hippie Chick myself!!!!
I don't think of myself as old either ....
I'll second TVB just for the record and have a '79 SuperBeetle but no earrings. Hvae been riding for years as well and lets you "Live your life and forget your age" Norman Vincent Peale "You are only young once but you can stay immature idefinitely" Ogden Nash. I also am not out to steal
your scooter.
kooky scientist

Post by kooky scientist »

I've seen that guy @ Starbucks in Marblehead. I'll kick his ass next time I'm over there and see him... :wink:
Rob

Post by Rob »

Wow, who would have thought a nightmare thread could go snarky.

I guess I could be classified as an ex-hippie. Had the long hair, tried to find a way out to Woodstock although we weren't old enough to drive, still listen to the Dead from time to time (and lots of other classic rock) .... but, I never really cared for the tie dyed thing. Although, I think I'd rather go tie dyed than the leisure suit look that the more conservative types seemed to adopt at one point in time. :D

Anyway, all that being said, your scoot would have been safe around me.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
kimmiekarma

Post by kimmiekarma »

Rob wrote:Wow, who would have thought a nightmare thread could go snarky.

I guess I could be classified as an ex-hippie.

Rob
I know Rob!!!!! You never know where these topics are gonna take you? It was only a crazy dream.........., but now everyone is UPSET!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... SCOOTERHOOD!!!!
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

Personally, I was into glam and I still rock the platform boots... Other people's scoots are totally safe around me. OMG... The leisure suit.... Worse yet, the PASTEL polyester leisure suite, (with contrasting stitching of course) or, the tried and true Herb Tarlick look :shock:
96 Decibel Freaks
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Hey, you coudn't get those suits just anywhere, ya know. Herb had to get 'em at a little shop across the river in Kentucky....
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Mutt the Hoople

:lol: I'll bet I know that place... I lived in Cinci for a while. I remember my dad owning two "Johnny Carson" suites bought at Stix, Baer, & Fuller at the old River Roads Mall. He was very proud of those suits. He had a white Quiana shirt with navy polka dots, (and a big collar you could hang glide with) that he wore with them. In face, in 1976... The men in the choir at St Johns UCC... The rather otherwise conservative men... Looked more ridiculous in their street clothes than Mott the Hoople did in their stage clothes... Minus Lord Watts famous platforms. Our dudes did, however, wear stacked soles and heels. Talk a out Rolling Away the Sone :shock:
96 Decibel Freaks
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Well....... Maybe I'm a bit of an controversy of thoughts....
Hippie? NO though I WAS at Woodstock, I was only 8 at the time! My older sister couldn't get a last minute 'replacement' sitter, my parents were out of town!
Leisure Suit? NOWAY, my father, an ultra-conservative dresser, wouldn't let any son of his dress like that!! Although as a teen in the 70's ALL my friends wore them.
Long hair, Ummmm...... as long as it didn't hang past my collar. Again Dad...
Tie-die, HECK YEAH, but don't I dare wear it around dad!
Now-a-days..... well after almost 30 years, my hair is long-ish again, about 5 inches on the top/front, took almost 2 years to grow out the military type cut I'd been wearing.
Music? WHO doesn't listen to The Dead, Cream, Tull, The Stones or even a little Billy Joel from time to time. Memories of youth while enjoying the benefits of the experience and experiences of aging ain't bad at all!!
BTW: My second grand child, a girl, is due to be born ANY minute now!!
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Keys

Post by Keys »

KABarash wrote:Music? WHO doesn't listen to The Dead, Cream, Tull, The Stones or even a little Billy Joel from time to time?
BTW: My second grand child, a girl, is due to be born ANY minute now!!
Jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes. Herbie Hancock, Oscar Peterson, Dr. John, Clark Terry, Lloyd Glenn...ten grandchildren borrowed from my sweetheart.
"Life without music would Bb"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

kimmiekarma wrote:
Rob wrote:Wow, who would have thought a nightmare thread could go snarky.

I guess I could be classified as an ex-hippie.

Rob
I know Rob!!!!! You never know where these topics are gonna take you? It was only a crazy dream.........., but now everyone is UPSET!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... SCOOTERHOOD!!!!
I don't think anyone's upset. All just good-natured ribbing. Unless I'm completely reading the tone wrong, which is possible.

PEACE, Y'ALL!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Hmmmm. My scoot has flower power stickers and a peace signs seat cover. I occasionally wear a "Peace, Love & Beaver Nuggets" tie-dye T-shirt from Buc-ee's. Maybe I AM a hippee after all, but I promise not to steal anyone's scooter. :wink: :wink:
Scooting is good for the soul....

Rob

Post by Rob »

Keys wrote:Jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes. Herbie Hancock, Oscar Peterson, Dr. John, Clark Terry, Lloyd Glenn...ten grandchildren borrowed from my sweetheart.
Ah, Herbie Hancock. The Headhunters' album first got me into jazz (and yes that was album and not CD) :D

I first listened to Headhunters on my first "decent" system. Marantz receiver, AR 9 speakers and I forgot the make of the turntable.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Mutt the Hoople

Ahhh still have my Marantz receiver, Infinity Qb speakers, (with those wonderful Eminence tweets), Thorens turntable needs a new cartridge but I have a Stanton USB that works just fine with it.... Miles Davis' "Porgy and Bess", The Beach Boys "Holland", Ian Hunter's "All American Alien Boy" are the next three on the playing now line up.

I have no tie-dye, but some vintage Peter Max, vintage 60s modern sofa, and a wall of guitars... And a closet full of colorful platform shoes. Yeah baby.
96 Decibel Freaks
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

This thread makes me want to tie-dye things. I don't think I've worn anything tie-dye since middle school, and it was some awful pink outfit that my grandma got for me when she went to florida- dad made me wear it for picture day :|
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
theflash784

Nightmare

Post by theflash784 »

Back in the day...my sisters and I did the tie dyed thing with the T-shirts. Haven't worn any since then but I swear my daughter is a re-incarnated hippie. She loves the tie dye, peace signs, flower decals, etc. She loves lava lamps and string beads and would love to buy a VW Beetle or the VW bus. My son on the other hand is very conservitive, served in the Army but now he is Mr. Mom- taking care of his two small children while his wife works a 12 hr shift as a nurse.