Basket install question

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

nackedei

Basket install question

Post by nackedei »

So, forgive my total ineptitude at all things mechanical, but I'm at a loss. Went to install my front basket (black) today. Took the front panel off, removed the holes, put it back on, and am confused (the complete lack of instructions is a nice touch).

The hardware consists of 3 bolts, 3 washers, and 3 black plastic tubes. For the main bolt that holds the panel on, the plastic tube fits fine. But for the other two bolts, the plastic tubes won't fit: the punch-out holes in no way align properly with the threaded holes for the bolts, and if they are placed above the front body panel the basket doesn't fit on. So as it stands I have attached the basket, and it seems to fit fine, but I've got two of the black tubes left over.

What am I doing wrong?
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

See my thread here, and since you have already popped out the holes on the front cover, by the sounds of it, read Skootz Kabootz's reply (in that same thread) time stamped Tue May 01, 2012 11:03 pm to see if this works for you. Please post if it does. Since I drilled my holes as indicated in the thread, I can't test his theory, but you can. :D

The thread is about installing a front rack, but I imagine the installation might be the same for the front basket...though I never have seen one personally, so I might be mistaken.

I just looked at the pictures that I included in that thread, and don't see one really saying what to do with the other spacers. Basically, you use one spacer for each hole. That keeps your rack--or perhaps basket in your case--from pressing in on the panel when it is tightened down.
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's