Stella mileage is improving

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Rail 50

Stella mileage is improving

Post by Rail 50 »

on my last fuel up I got 143.3 :clap: This is a new record.
The Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about.

Tack One.

Post by Tack One. »

how old is the bike? Mine is about 2 months old with about 400miles on it, and I'm finding I'm not getting anywhere near what other people are, but it does seem to be improving.
Rail 50

Post by Rail 50 »

Mine is 14 months old... I don't put many miles on it, because the dealership in town went out of business. I will need to truck it 60 miles to the nearest dealer (for it's first service); and until I get the new tags for my truck, the Stella will only make small ventures outside my garage.

I'm "old school" regarding break-in procedures. "break them in fast, and they last, break them in slow and they will blow".

I had 7 Dodge B-350 Vans that accumulated 375,000 miles each before they were sold. And I have a 19 year old Yamaha Riva 125 with 11,400 miles that is still faster than a 150 scooter someone else broke in...
Jim

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

That's out of only 8 fuel ups? So close to 1,000 miles?

On my first Stella, performance and MPGs improved overall up to about 2K.

The MPGs varied greatly depending on the type of riding I was doing. This is still the case with Stella 4T #2.

I don't track mileage, though. It's "good, and much better than my Vespa LX."
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
rondothemidget

Post by rondothemidget »

How are you driving it, to get that kind of mileage? I average around 100 mpg but I'm mostly going 50 to 60 mph with a lot of stop & go.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

rondothemidget wrote:I average around 100 mpg but I'm mostly going 50 to 60 mph with a lot of stop & go.
^^me too
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Rail 50

Post by Rail 50 »

Yeah, well... that might all change now.... My commute to work had me going on surface streets, over to the "old freeway" (2 lane, divided, built in the 40's) which I used to take into to town. I would run 35 on city streets, then 55 on the "freeway". I'd run about 5 minutes at 55, and 5 minutes at 35. My commute is 7.8 miles. (If any of you live in the Bay Area, we used to have something called the Foothill expressway. it would be similar to that). Even though it said "Pedestrians, bicycles, and motor-driven cycles prohibited", the speed limit was 55, and I was only on it for 2 miles. Then it turned into a city street.
On Wednesday, CalTrans has increased the speed limit to 65, so now I will have to take Old Highway 40, which is the even older road, complete with stop signs and train tracks. if you have the energy you can map my trip. First the old way, then the new way. and if I just ride the BV500, I'll add that also. Start in Sacramento. 1. El Camino, west to Evergreen, south to Royal Oaks, south to 160, turns into 16th, then left on F, right on 29 street. 2. El Camino, west to Del Paso, slight left on Del Paso, then Merge on the Lincoln Highway over the bridge, turns into 16th. 3. (BV500 route) El Camino to South SR51 Cap city freeway to P street exit. exit and end at Suzies.

Keith

Post by Keith »

I've got a tad more than 17,000 miles on my 2005 Stella and I don't have a clue what kind of mileage I'm getting. I've never paid attention to it. I bought this scooter because it's cool looking and outrageous fun to drive!
05 Stella- "Moto Psycho"
07 Kymco Grand Vista 250- "DINK"