MB Amerivespa Roll Call!

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Ride to the event would be cool
Let us know when you figure out a meet up location -

I will be there Friday & Saturday - I just booked one of the last rooms at the Geneva Ridge (location of the Genuine Friday Night Reggae Party)

FYI - there was still one or two open there on Hotels.com $155 + tax
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I just put together a Google Map of Amerivespa events

Here is the link

http://tinyurl.com/AmerivespaMap
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

I'm toying with heading out to Amerivespa Wednesday afternoon.....like early afternoon.
The weatherman is making me a bit edgy..talking light rain Wednesday evening and Thursday morning......I've been riding over, oh Lord, uh, 50 years.....a lot of it in rain.....I care not to intentionally venture into crummy weather if I can avoid it.

So, is anyone else heading out Wednesday? I'd be leaving from Mt. Prospect area.
I am generally the lone rider but if anyone wants to tag along, post up.

Rob
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Thanks for the map, I was actually just about to do that!

We're riding up Friday at 10 from near Oak Park, PM me if you wanna join us, but it doesn't look like it's really on your way.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

illnoise wrote:Thanks for the map, I was actually just about to do that!
We're riding up Friday at 10 from near Oak Park, PM me if you wanna join us, but it doesn't look like it's really on your way.
Bb.
Thanks for the offer but I am trailering it up Friday morning - I have to head back Saturday night because I have a thing early Sunday & I dont want to ride the 83 miles, in the dark, solo, after all the fun on Saturday.
The trailer seems like the safe choice for the trip home.

If you guys are going up Rt 12, I will keep my eyes open for you.

Have a safe ride & see you up there.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Finally figured out transport from Chicago to LG tomorrow. Looks like I'm going to Kenosha, a city I know mostly from "Whattaya Know?" on NPR.

Anyone driving a small bus back on Monday? :)

Finally got to see Genuine and Scooterworks Chicago yesterday.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ender07

Post by ender07 »

Anyone camping at the Big Foot Beach campground?
etak

Post by etak »

Robbie wrote:I met Jim and Kate from New York today at the Scooterworks open house breakfast prior to the Chicago Mods and Rockers event.

It was nice to meet you both.....I am impressed with your long range ride...very devoted riders you are.

Maybe we'll meet again at Amerivespa.

Stay safe,

Rob
Nice to meet you too, Rob! Hopefully we'll see you as soon as tomorrow in Lake Geneva.

Kate
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
-Leonard Cohen

Rob

Post by Rob »

Unfortunately it doesn't look good for us making it this weekend. I'd hoped to spend at least Saturday at the event, and I'm still holding out some outside hope, but family obligations will likely get in the way.

Have a great time folks!

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'm not there yet but early report is that the first people in line at registration this morning? Buddy and Stella riders!

Genuine and Scooterworks have a lot of cool stuff lined up for this. Leave room in your suitcase. Goodies galore.

I have some Scooter Dork stickers. Find me for one while they last! :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
etak

Post by etak »

ericalm wrote:I'm not there yet but early report is that the first people in line at registration this morning? Buddy and Stella riders!

Genuine and Scooterworks have a lot of cool stuff lined up for this. Leave room in your suitcase. Goodies galore.

I have some Scooter Dork stickers. Find me for one while they last! :)
I want!!
We're almost there!
Like a bird on the wire,
-Leonard Cohen

etak

Post by etak »

Haven't seen Eric yet, but got my Scooter Dork sticker at the Genuine tent! I can't believe how many Genuine scooters, especially Buddys are here!
Haven't taken much in the way of pics, but here's one from a stop during today's Kettle Moraine ride.
Like a bird on the wire,
-Leonard Cohen

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The unofficial Modern Buddy/Genuine owner ride will be to the the Genuine evening event Friday night! Meet at Flatiron Park (626 Geneva St. 53147) at 5:30. KSU ("kickstands up," i.e., we saddle up and depart) at 6:15. (Might be slightly delayed if afternoon long ride runs late!) We'll then ride en masse four miles to the venue, Geneva Ridge, 626 Geneva St. 53147. No, you don't have to ride a Genuine to join but it would be nice if you wore one of the buttons, a Genuine t-shirt or showed some love in some other way.

I missed the Thursday rides but was at the meet & greet! LOTS of MB members around already. Met a bunch but haven't had time to talk to many.
Flypixel

Post by Flypixel »

I was on the short ride yesterday and my wife and I attended the party last night. I was just about to leave home for LG again but will adjust my schedule to hook up with the Genuine crew tonight. Looking forward to it.

Tom
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The address for the park is wrong! It's at the bottom of Center St. Next to the lake, where the vendors are today.
Flypixel

Post by Flypixel »

Eric, Kate & Jim,

I enjoyed meeting you guys! Jim, thanks for taking the time to educate me on your 300 GTS.

I was glad to see the MB crowd stayed out of the obstacle course today. They were freaking crazy!

I hope you all have a safe journey home!

Tom
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Flypixel wrote:I was glad to see the MB crowd stayed out of the obstacle course today. They were freaking crazy!
There were some Buddys and Stella in the events. Lokky was in the gymkhana mini-corsa.
Flypixel

Post by Flypixel »

Shoot! I didn't meet Lokky. Maybe I should say I HOPE no MB members went into low earth orbit yesterday. There should've been a few Darwin awards given out yesterday.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Are we talking about a gymkana? I need pics!...I would have been in there...love that stuff.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

viney266 wrote:Are we talking about a gymkana? I need pics!...I would have been in there...love that stuff.
I have pics and some video, all to come through this week.
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

Missed the gymkhana (sp?), drove home on Sunday.
so tough, so pink
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

My photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2strokebuz ... 291844380/

Also have a few black and whites coming, when I get around to developing them, ha.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I think I met at least everyone who posted in this thread as well as probably a dozen MB lurkers who came up and said,m "I read it all the time but never post!" That's cool, too—we're here for everyone!

It really reinforces that Genuine and Buddy owners tend to be just really great people who you wouldn't mind hanging out with. Honestly, I'd be shy about going to dinner with four strangers under any other circumstances, but not four Genuine/Buddy/scooter people. (Shout out to the Minneapolis members I met!)
Flypixel wrote:Shoot! I didn't meet Lokky.
He's very hard to miss! And, as I mentioned elsewhere, is a wild man.
chas

Post by chas »

illnoise wrote:My photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2strokebuz ... 291844380/

Also have a few black and whites coming, when I get around to developing them, ha.

Bb.
Great photos. I already wish I was there but now I'm just downright jealous!