Anyone know how many Black Jack Buddy's were made?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

I saw that they only made 174 Psycho Buddy's and got to wondering how many Black Jack's they made.

If anyone knows post it! :D
Thanks!
• 171.3cc NCY Big Bore kit
& bunch of other stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Only Genuine knows! There'd be almost no way to figure this out.

The Psychos were a limited edition, so were numbered. Genuine has done a few other limited (numbered) runs, the Stella Atomic Fireball, Stella GB150 and there will probably be another by year's end (possibly a special Buddy 50).

The rarest Buddys aside from the Psycho are probably the white ones. Post-2007 pink ones are also rare, as they were a special order. The Italia 125 is also probably in there among the more rare ones.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

How many light blue ones, does anyone suppose? That color has been dropped now, if you check the colors on the website, and the St. Tropez light blue 2-tone is gone. Was light blue not very popular in Buddys or Internationals?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The International 150s have all been dropped so it might just be that no blue (St. Tropezs) ones are available.

I know a lot of people with light but Buddys, so while they may not have been top seller, they did pretty well. I think that blue was killed to make way for "Potent Pink."
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

True, but they didn't carry the St. Tropez color scheme over into the 170s like they did Pamplona and Italia, so I just wondered if it were less popular. I wouldn't have thought so because isn't blue the most popular "favorite color"?

Yesterday at Scoot Richmond they were uncrating a big shipment of Genuines, and seeing them all come out of their crates in the sunshine -- they were really quite pretty. One of the staff compared the color display of scooters on the showroom floor to jellybeans!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

"Blue" is the most popular color in the world, but there are millions of shades and variations. I own a light blue scooter and love the color but wasn't (personally) a fan of the St. Tropez colors.

It's tough for dealers to stock too broad a range of colors and models, so it may have come down to limiting the selection to what they felt they could order and sell.
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

Yup, the Blur (er, G-MAX 220) in a color scheme not available in the US:

My fiance likes the blue, but wasn't sure on the blue+white. Cute at first, but then maybe "sticks out a lil too much."

Trying to decide if I'd have liked mine if it was available in bright yellow
Mr Miller

Post by Mr Miller »

So I sent an email to Genuine and this is what they said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for sending the awesome photos! The Blackjack was limited to production in 2009 only. I don’t have a total number produced, I do know it was a few hundred more than the Psycho. Unless we do a numbered Edition total numbers of any model produced are kept in the CEOs vault. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Kind regards,
Dean

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it will remain a mystery, but at least I know it is not thousands :)
• 171.3cc NCY Big Bore kit
& bunch of other stuff...

http://www.facebook.com/inerseshen for graphic design, advertising, signs, decals...
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Well in that case the vault must be compromised :idea:
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Also in that vault, Stella Atomic Fireball #1—still in the crate!
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

Well, at least you have a rough idea, Nathan/Mr. Miller. Sorry I hijacked your thread a bit. Regardless of exact number, you have a wonderful and limited scoot!

PS: BTW Bill Fary Auto in Gloucester, VA still had a new Blackjack as of a month or so ago, as I found when I was looking at getting my Psycho, if anyone is interested. They are listed on the Genuine Dealer list.