Keeway Matrx vs Genuine Blur

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

louden

Keeway Matrx vs Genuine Blur

Post by louden »

Anybody ever compare the two?

The Keeway seller's opinion of the Blur was that it was overpriced...
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Keeway is on the *maybe*-marginally-decent end of chinese scooters, in that at least they seem to have some sort of legitimate national distributorship, DOT/EPA accreditation, and they're not just unloading containerloads and selling them to gas stations and dollar stores.

But I wouldn't buy one. I think a close comparison would prove the Genuine (and any Taiwanese bike in general) is much better quality. look at welds, how the body panels fit, the hardware and electrical and brake components, the quality of the castings and metals, the strength of the frame, just check out all the details and you'll see it. That stuff is all on the surface, but it gives you an idea what the insides are like, too.

Even though Genuine seems to mark up the PGOs a little higher than they cost in the rest of the world, that investment is well worth it for their outstanding dealer network, and the fact that Genuine/Scooterworks has been in the industry for many years and will still be around after this fad dies down. That's worth a few hundred extra bucks, as is their warranty and roadside assistance program.

Compare the dealers, which has been around longer? Do they both have motor vehicle dealer licenses from your state? Do they also sell cars or motorcycles or ATVs? Are scooters their main line of business, or did they decide to add scooters to their lineup after some other local shops had success with them (and sealed deals with the 'better' manufacturers). What other brands do they sell? Do they have mechanics on staff? How long have they worked there? What kind of experience do they have? Ask to see their parts supply, do they have tires and cables and air filters in stock? what about starters and belts and engine parts?

I think you'll find the differences are obvious, both in the bikes and the dealers.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Bryce-O-Rama

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

Just looking at the specs, the Keeway lacks the rear disc brake of the Blur. It also doesn't have the excellent rear suspension system that makes the Blur's handling so sublime.

I've not tested the Keeway, so I can't say how it stacks against the other Chinese scooters to which it looks identical. I can say that the Blur greatly exceeded my expectations.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Keeway seller said that the Blur seemed overpriced. Assuming that seller doesn't sell Genuine, the person wants to make a sale and doesn't want to encourage you to spend more somewhere else.

If you can get test rides on both, I highly recommend trying out both.
- Bryce