Question about Blur SS220 2013?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ret63

Question about Blur SS220 2013?

Post by ret63 »

I was at a dealership today and checking out a white blur that salesman claimed it was a 2013.
I trust this dealer so I wont mention their name...
However i read somewhere in a review about soem changes they were made on the recent body style.
I drove the Gunmetal Gray one but really want it in White, when i looked at the White one (which was not yet prepped) I notice the shield over the exhaust was different. It had a faux carbon fiber shield on it and the other did NOT.
These differences lead me to post this question: What are the differences in the 2013 from the earlier ones?

Any help would be great.

R
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I don't think the 2013 is any different from the other years. The exhaust cover sounds like an aftermarket piece. You can look at the vin and figure out what year the scooter is. There is a thread about how to decode it here somewhere on the forum.
ret63

Post by ret63 »

chickdr wrote:I don't think the 2013 is any different from the other years. The exhaust cover sounds like an aftermarket piece. You can look at the vin and figure out what year the scooter is. There is a thread about how to decode it here somewhere on the forum.
Thanks, I got worried because I read a post about this being on the pre-production version of the 2010.
I will diffidently check the Vin first.

R
Terr Bear

Post by Terr Bear »

10th digit of the VIN tells you the year on all vehicles sold in the USA.

Letters not used are Q, O, I Because they can be confused with a zero or a one. (Zero and one are used)

8= 2008
9= 2009
A= 2010
B= 2011
C= 2012
D=2013 etc.

That part must have been an aftermarket piece. I have a 2013 Blur. Nothing like that on mine.
"When your racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." Steve Mc Queen "Le Mans"
ret63

Post by ret63 »

Terr Bear wrote:10th digit of the VIN tells you the year on all vehicles sold in the USA.

Letters not used are Q, O, I Because they can be confused with a zero or a one. (Zero and one are used)

8= 2008
9= 2009
A= 2010
B= 2011
C= 2012
D=2013 etc.

That part must have been an aftermarket piece. I have a 2013 Blur. Nothing like that on mine.
Thanks, do you still love yours?
Terr Bear

Post by Terr Bear »

Oh, yes. Still love it. Now that the weather is getting better, I will get more chances to ride! Looking forward to it.
"When your racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." Steve Mc Queen "Le Mans"