Beer run!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scudder

Beer run!

Post by scudder »

New Castle + Guinness = Black@Tans x me= drunk tonight!

TVB

Post by TVB »

The 18-pack of beer that I put on my floor for the ride home from the grocery store today wasn't nearly so good as that. :(

But it really does make me feel sorry for the motorcyclists who never have anything but a tank of gas between their legs. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmcJWPYcr1I
Last edited by TVB on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Outstanding.

Thread reminds me of a neighbor today who called my pet carrier a "trunk" :lol:
Riding is riding
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

...and if you want more, probably more than 1/2 of one of those cases will fit under your seat. I put (if I'm remembering correctly) 18 diet Pepsi cans under my seat this weekend when I went to Costco. The rest went in my saddle bags. :)
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Shame that when you use the pet carrier as an ice bucket, it all melts too quickly if the motor's running. :D j/k

Although there have been days when I've wanted to fill the front glove bin with ice.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Nukey and Guinness for a Black & Tan? Sounds like a nice change up from Bass for the pale ale.

Best Black & Tan I ever had was at Manuel's Tavern made with Guinness and Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Had several of those over a few hours and I was thankful to be walking at all the next morning.

//Beer snob, pinkie out
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

skully93

Post by skully93 »

ha!

People have been surprised by the amount of stuff we keep in the small topcase and pet carrier. BTW, I am in love with the term Pet Carrier, because it's such a good conversation starter.
Leif

Post by Leif »

I like to pick up a 12 of Oskar Blues Dale's or Session black label and put them in the pet carrier. Then add the 2 assorted 12s between the legs. It never fails to get comments from the passing cars.
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

Some how I don't think a remark about Oduells will be well received here... R
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

Awesomist thread evar! I want to get one of those mini-keg things and strap it onto my rack then pull up to wherever I am hanging out and crack that bastard. My local fine drank establishment sells Bell's Oberon in the mini-kegs..$22 I think...how can you go wrong with that?
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

still shifting wrote:Some how I don't think a remark about Oduells will be well received here... R
I may be a beer snob, but I won't hate. O'doul's isn't the worst LA/NA beer out there, but there are better ones too. Beck's NA is the closest I found to actually tasting like beer.

My suggestions:

1. Beck's NA
2. Kaliber
3. Buckler

//Your tastes may differ....
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

heatherkay

Post by heatherkay »

DCUNITED4LIFE wrote:Awesomist thread evar! I want to get one of those mini-keg things and strap it onto my rack then pull up to wherever I am hanging out and crack that bastard. My local fine drank establishment sells Bell's Oberon in the mini-kegs..$22 I think...how can you go wrong with that?
Or you could just get one of these

http://www.pitch.com/plog/archives/2012 ... pening-day
KeLynn

Post by KeLynn »

skully93 wrote:BTW, I am in love with the term Pet Carrier, because it's such a good conversation starter.
Why is it called that, anyway? When I first got on the boards I couldn't figure out what everyone was talking about. Now I know what it refers to, but I still don't know why it's called that!
Rusty J

Post by Rusty J »

KeLynn wrote:
skully93 wrote:BTW, I am in love with the term Pet Carrier, because it's such a good conversation starter.
Why is it called that, anyway? When I first got on the boards I couldn't figure out what everyone was talking about. Now I know what it refers to, but I still don't know why it's called that!
Vespas (at least in the North American market) have a "No Pets" warning sticker on the underseat storage bucket.

-Rusty
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

Uncle Groucho wrote:
still shifting wrote:Some how I don't think a remark about Oduells will be well received here... R
I may be a beer snob, but I won't hate. O'doul's isn't the worst LA/NA beer out there, but there are better ones too. Beck's NA is the closest I found to actually tasting like beer.

My suggestions:

1. Beck's NA
2. Kaliber
3. Buckler

//Your tastes may differ....
Hey thanks for reminding me about Kaliber and Buckler I have never tried Becks NA that I recall.Since my beer intacke is about two a summer I need to be more selective. :) R
TVB

Post by TVB »

DCUNITED4LIFE wrote:Awesomist thread evar! I want to get one of those mini-keg things and strap it onto my rack then pull up to wherever I am hanging out and crack that bastard. My local fine drank establishment sells Bell's Oberon in the mini-kegs..$22 I think...how can you go wrong with that?
You can get kegs of Oberon at any decent beer store 'round here. Bell's... Founders... Dark Horse... It's good to live in west Michigan. :D
theflash784

Beer run

Post by theflash784 »

I like the colorful brews....Killians Red and LaBotts Blue ....not together though
Dracolibris

Post by Dracolibris »

For hot summer days, we prefer ice cold mojitos...

CO Chaos 2008 099 by kiatrell, on Flickr
Knowledge is free at the library. Just bring your own container.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Dracolibris wrote:For hot summer days, we prefer ice cold mojitos...

CO Chaos 2008 099 by kiatrell, on Flickr
If you actually had that IN an Aprilia Mojito, you sir would of won your share of the internet for the day!

As for beer, I'm more of a liquor guy. A good bottle of vodka works for me. I had to refrain from making a hipster joke with the beer on a scooter pic done with an instagram-like filter, but I noticed it was actually a beer I can tolerate so I realize I was making a snap judgement :P
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
Rob

Post by Rob »

TVB wrote:You can get kegs of Oberon at any decent beer store 'round here. Bell's... Founders... Dark Horse... It's good to live in west Michigan. :D
Coincidentally I just mentioned the Bell's Brewery in another thread regarding Kalamazoo. I can strongly second Oberon as a great beer. It's also good to live 'close' to west Michigan.

My son will be vacationing near Sleeping Bear Dunes in a few weeks. Another of my favorite WM areas.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
TVB

Post by TVB »

Rob wrote:My son will be vacationing near Sleeping Bear Dunes in a few weeks. Another of my favorite WM areas.
Tell him to forget beer there. That's wine country.
Rusty J

Post by Rusty J »

TVB wrote:
Rob wrote:My son will be vacationing near Sleeping Bear Dunes in a few weeks. Another of my favorite WM areas.
Tell him to forget beer there. That's wine country.
We can't stop here -- this is Wine Country!

-Rusty
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

You would :D Keg stand on a scoot? :shock: I heard a rumor from a little Italian birdie that there's a cider brewery starting up somewhere near Scoot Richmond soon... yum!

I made a grocery tripe once with about, idk, ten bags of groceries and crap shoved in the saddlebags, a large (16lb? whatever the big size is) bag of cat food in the crate along with a small pack of either TP or paper towels, can't remember, a nylon reusable bag of... something small and light hanging from the hook up front and a giant giant tub of Tidy Cats on the floorboard. I was pretty impressed with myself... but none of it was b33r.
:P
fossel

Post by fossel »

I just bungee a 12 pack to my front rack.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

TVB wrote:The 18-pack of beer that I put on my floor for the ride home from the grocery store today wasn't nearly so good as that. :(

But it really does make me feel sorry for the motorcyclists who never have anything but a tank of gas between their legs. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmcJWPYcr1I
But if you drink the gas you get high! :roll:

Seriously, awesome pic!. Good choices!
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
ThreeSheets
Dealer

Post by ThreeSheets »

Actually Homebrewing is my number one hobby. If anyone could like my facebook homebrew page I would appreciate it!

https://www.facebook.com/ThreeSheetsBrewingCompany
<b>FLAT SQUIRREL SCOOTERS</b>
421 N. Randall Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL
www.flatsquirrelscooters.com
chas

Post by chas »

ThreeSheets wrote:Actually Homebrewing is my number one hobby. If anyone could like my facebook homebrew page I would appreciate it!

Done and done. Consider yourself liked.
ThreeSheets
Dealer

Post by ThreeSheets »

Thanks I had a different one with alot of pictures from each brew day and so on. but I Created a new one so right now its a little bare, but I will work on getting it full of material. Thanks so much!
chas wrote:
ThreeSheets wrote:Actually Homebrewing is my number one hobby. If anyone could like my facebook homebrew page I would appreciate it!

Done and done. Consider yourself liked.
<b>FLAT SQUIRREL SCOOTERS</b>
421 N. Randall Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL
www.flatsquirrelscooters.com