Front shroud removal?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Maker

Front shroud removal?

Post by Maker »

Is there a reference for how to get it off?

I tried to tighten the Philips head screw at the base that attaches to the bottom of the headlight casing, and the plastic nub on the bottom of the light snapped off.

So now I need to change it or fix it, but I don't want to bust anything else. Lol

Thanks!
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

It's very simple really. There's the large screw in the center on the front, pull that out. There are four smaller screws in the back near the top. Once those are out you can gently pull from the top and it should just pop right off. There will be a single wire cluster for the headlight in case you need to remove it. I'd take a few pictures, but it's too dark in my garage really.
Maker

Post by Maker »

Awesome, thanks! Didn't realized there were screws in the back.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

And don't forget do not overtighten. Very easy to do as you have found out. I have found that just a bit of Blue Loctite, and hand tighten the smaller screws and bolts will help keep those puppy's in place.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
naveed01

sultan

Post by naveed01 »

First Post. Just got my first scooter and it's a 2013 Rough House! This scooter is really slick. I have just over 50 miles on it and I'm starting to hear an on and off hissing/rubbing sound. I can't locate it exactly - it's either the front or the rear brake. I hear it sometimes on straight aways, but I definitely hear it when I lean left or right. I pumped the breaks several times thinking there might be dirt between the pad and disc. I also hear it when I pull the right handle brake.
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

@nave

Well the right lever is definitely your front brake. But that doesn't really explain why when you lean it still makes the noise I don't think...
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Check your rear tire, make sure its not loose, and the rear fender while your at it. I had a rubbing noise a few months back, turned out my rear tire had started to spin off the retention nut.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing