Insurance legislation that affects us all...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Leeroy Jenkins

Insurance legislation that affects us all...

Post by Leeroy Jenkins »

If you've got a motorcycle (or scooter, snow-mobile, etc) accident injury claim on your medical records, you may very likely find that Health and Hospitalization companies will not cover you in the event of another accident. Oh, they'll happily take your premium, but they will exclude any motorcycle related claim.

There is a Bill working it's way through the US House of Representatives to correct this.
The American Motorcycle Association has a "Rapid Response Center" on their Web site. It will only take you a minute or two to let your Congressman (Person?) know that you would like them to support the bill.
The link below makes it painless...they have a pre-written message (which you can edit, if you'd like), and a link that automatically e-mails (or sends a traditional letter). If you are unsure of who your representative is, they have that covered as well. You just enter your zip code.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp
ThisDude

Post by ThisDude »

What the hell is medical insurance for anyway? It seems those insurance companies would rather collect our money and force us to live in bubble wrap all our lives and drop our coverage if they find out we had a paper cut from reading a book. I'm definitely going to support that bill. Seems every insurance deal is such a scam and doesn't cover anything.
hangukhurley

Post by hangukhurley »

Thanks for the info. I just sent my letter. :D
- hangukhurley & Frenchy...Pretty in Pink!
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Some health insurance makes exclusions for 'dangerous activities' that includes motorcycle riding, skydiving, etc. Check your policy to be sure what exclusions are made. Personally my insurance does not make any activity based exclusions.
lou76

Post by lou76 »

ThisDude wrote:What the hell is medical insurance for anyway?
...for making a very few people a ridiculous amount of money, that's what...