Gasoline Rally 2012: CANCELLED

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Rev_Dan

Gasoline Rally 2012: CANCELLED

Post by Rev_Dan »

I regret to inform you that this year's Gasoline Rally has been cancelled due to some speed bumps in the planning this year. We have tried to recover and come up with alternate plans, but nothing will live up to the high expectations that you all have come to expect from Gasoline Rally. Mismanagement happened and we apologize to you all.

We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please do not register for this. If you have, you will receive an email and a refund of the full amount that you paid.

We are already trying to figure out on how we can make up for it next year. No, seriously, we are trying to discuss solutions to the problems that happened. Gotta make sure we keep ya coming back for more.

Again, I'm terribly sorry about this. Please pass the word along and direct people here for details.

Thanks,
Dan
Last edited by Rev_Dan on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rev_Dan

Post by Rev_Dan »

Updated
Rev_Dan

Post by Rev_Dan »

Updated
Rev_Dan

Post by Rev_Dan »

PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN at http://www.gasolinerally.com !!!!
Rev_Dan

Post by Rev_Dan »

I regret to inform you that this year's Gasoline Rally has been cancelled due to some speed bumps in the planning this year. We have tried to recover and come up with alternate plans, but nothing will live up to the high expectations that you all have come to expect from Gasoline Rally. Mismanagement happened and we apologize to you all.

We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please do not register for this. If you have, you will receive an email and a refund of the full amount that you paid.

We are already trying to figure out on how we can make up for it next year. No, seriously, we are trying to discuss solutions to the problems that happened. Gotta make sure we keep ya coming back for more.

Again, I'm terribly sorry about this. Please pass the word along and direct people here for details.

Thanks,
Dan
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm a little confused. Cancelled, back on, cancelled ... but if you go to the link, it looks as though everything is a go and registrations are being accepted.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Rev_Dan

Post by Rev_Dan »

It is cancelled as of Friday, July 6th. DO NOT REGISTER.
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Even though the rally is cancelled there's still going to be a lot of fun that weekend, especially since it's Red Bull MotoGP race weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The Antisocial Scooter club is picking up some organizing of a couple things that weekend. Go here for more info on buying a MotoGP ticket and a lap around the track on your scooter: http://usascooterracing.com/?p=897 But you gotta buy your ticket by tomorrow, JULY 20

Or do a facebook search for the event: Indianapolis MotoGP Weekend & Ticket Group Buy Pickup Location
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

BoneGirl

still on

Post by BoneGirl »

Just like Stemer said, a bunch of us are still going for the whole weekend. Lots to do and see. MotoGP tickets for the Track ride and extras still for sale though tonight if anyone is interested. It's a deal for 3-day pass with all the extras.

https://www.facebook.com/events/448382201860802/