Any Blur Rider's in Cleveland Ohio?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

relenger

Any Blur Rider's in Cleveland Ohio?

Post by relenger »

I'm in the Lakewood area. Anyone near by?
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

you can always come to Cincinnati ... we have a few Blurs down here ... and we don't mind folks from Cleveland!
Last edited by blurblaine on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
relenger

Post by relenger »

Lol. Picture this "Wife, we are moving to Cincinnati" wife reply's"why?"
"because there are more blurs down there"

At this point I would be sleeping out side. :) lol
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I bought my Blur from POC, but I'm 345 miles away from Cleveland. : )

They were never big sellers, but I'm sure Phil's sold plenty of them. In my experiences meeting Blur owners in real life, they don't seem to fit the social scootering mold quite like other scooterists, they're less likely to participate in rally/club kinda stuff.

Or maybe there really just aren't that many out there, ha.

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

relenger wrote:Lol. Picture this "Wife, we are moving to Cincinnati" wife reply's"why?"
"because there are more blurs down there"

At this point I would be sleeping out side. :) lol
well, did you tell her about 'the move' yet? ;-D

probably best to focus on your marriage ... but you can always come to visit.
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

I had a 2011 Blur 220 which I got in May of 2011 from POC but I sold it this past May. Bryan is correct. POC has sold a lot of them. Most of the Blur riders i've heard about tend to be in far flung suburbs or down near Akron.

You might try posting on www.scootcleveland.com to connect with more local Blur owners. There are always local rides happening too. We'd love to have you join us!
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

irishtim wrote:I had a 2011 Blur 220 which I got in May of 2011 from POC but I sold it this past May.
Curious as to why you sold it so quickly?
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

I absolutely loved the bike. No scooter I have ever owned handled as well as the Blur 220. That said I had just bought a new car and was downsizing the bike stable from 9 to a more manageable number. (Plus I wanted garage space for the car.) I got the number down to five and was contemplating getting a larger motorcycle. Something had to give. Our Buddy had immunity being Mrs. IrishTim's go to bike. The Stella came next. I was finishing up the CB 360 cafe racer and that left a Kymco Xciting 500 and the Blur 220. I tried selling the Blur here, scoot.net and C/L but had no luck. Cleveland weather this year provided for an unbelievable March for motorcycle sales but April was awful. When I visited Honda dealer in late April to look at the Shadow they gave me such a great deal on trading both the Kymco and the Blur I couldn't say no. The owner was calling me the last day of April at night from his home to try complete the sale. They threw in a windshield and 1st service to boot. I actually got more for the Kymco than I paid for it and did well on the Blur. Now we've got the new and vintage motorcycles and the modern auto and vintage style shifter scoot. It's a good mix and there is room for our cars finally. The Blur was just the odd bike out (loveable as it was).
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA