Workshop manual needed

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Chunky

Workshop manual needed

Post by Chunky »

Hi everyone, back here in the good old South Africa I bought a G-Max 125. Same as the Blur. Here in SA they only bring in the 125 and the 200s because of the price difference between the 125, 150 and the 200 (diff = $785-00 between 125 & 200 with 150 slotting in the middle). You can get a license for a 125 at 16 and bigger only at age 18. The PGO G-Max is imported and maintained by Kawasaki South Africa. It was registered as a Kawasaki and not a PGO.

Now here is where my request comes in. I do have a complete workshop in my garage at home where all work and maintainance can be performed, but I can not ge a workshop manual for the Blur/PGO G-Max/Alloro. I did contact the importers and the agents where I bought it and was informed it is not available in South Africa. Who have a copy or where can I find one or where can I download a PDF file format workshop manual manual.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Go to http://english.pgo.com.tw/service.shtml and register (free), then you'll be able to download a number of manuals and other materials. Not sure if they have the sort of manual you are looking for.
Chunky

Post by Chunky »

Thanx, but this is only the owners manual (the manual that you get with the scooter). The workshop manual is the the manual that shows you how to dismantle the complete scooter and how to put it together again. It also give you all the tolerances and thicknesses ect. of eg. bearings, rings, boar, etc. It also show you with drawings or photos how to check for play on wheel bearings etc. In other words it show you all that there is to know about the scooter.

I do have workshop manuals for eg. my Suzuki GSX 1200 S and for my BMW K1200 GT motorcycles. These workshop manuals do wonders for you as you can check every thing that may bother you. And to me this is peace of mind, being technical I hear all sorts of thing (noises and rattles etc.) when I am riding.
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

Not a service manual, but here is a 'parts list' - 92 pages including exploded diagrams: http://www.novelforce.com/g_max150_partslist.pdf
Chunky

Post by Chunky »

OK all I have the complete workshop manual (Service manual as you know it) in proper English that is provided only to the dealers -- the one that they do not want you to have. The best of it all is that it is on CD and it is for the G-Max 50, G-Max 125 and the G-Max 150 (or Blur as it is known by you) :D :D :D :D :D :D
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Chunky wrote:OK all I have the complete workshop manual (Service manual as you know it) in proper English that is provided only to the dealers -- the one that they do not want you to have. The best of it all is that it is on CD and it is for the G-Max 50, G-Max 125 and the G-Max 150 (or Blur as it is known by you) :D :D :D :D :D :D
Set us up, good buddy! I can host the file on my FTP site if it's huge. Is it a PDF?

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Chunky

Post by Chunky »

Size 14 Meg in PDF format mail me at wlehanie@Gmail .com -- Having problems with this site posting
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Chunky sent me the manual (thanks Chunky!)

I posted it oon 2SB because it's too big to post here.

Caveats:
1. This is not a Blur-specific manual, it appears to be for the Asian-market G-Max/Alloro, so note that there may be significant differences between models for different markets.

2. I am posting this as a public service without the knowlege or permission of Genuine or PGO. The information in this manual is copyrighted by PGO and intended only for their dealers. It is to be used at your own risk, and with the knowlege that work performed by anyone other than a legitimate PGO/Genuine dealer may void your warranty and could damage your scooter or render it unsafe for the road.

3. I haven't even looked at it yet, but judging by the US owner's manual, this workshop manual may contain information that contradicts other manuals, decals, or itself. It also may contain out-of-date info that has been remedied by addendums, changes and corrections that have been sent to dealers. Again, there's no implied warranty or correctness in this information, it's to be used at your own risk.

4. This file may not be available forever, if PGO or Genuine ask 2strokebuzz to remove it, we will. If you want it, download it while you can.

I hope it's useful to some of you, I don't intend to use it, really, I just like having a copy of things like this in case of emergency, or for the future when Genuine and PGO cease to support the bike for whatever reason.

G-Max/Alloro Workshop Manual (Service Manual) 14.4MB PDF:
http://2strokebuzz.com/temp/GMAXservice.pdf
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
itcardoc

Parts manual

Post by itcardoc »

I also have the parts manual in PDF for G-Max 50, 125, and 150 if anyone needs it . -Kevin