LA / SOCAL : ADVENTURISTS SCOOTER GROUP

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Skootz Kabootz

LA / SOCAL : ADVENTURISTS SCOOTER GROUP

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Hi everyone! I hope you are all well and getting in some great scooting in this beautiful weather!

I just wanted to say hello and share some exciting news.

As you all know, my passion lays in long days of riding with friends, twisty roads, mountains and canyons, wide open spaces, and generally scooting as far away from congested city traffic as possible. Today I'm thrilled to tell you about a new scooter group I've started specifically for this kind of advanced riding.

The Adventurists Scooter Group

The Adventurists Scooter Group hosts group rides for experienced scooterists with advanced riding skills. Rides are technically demanding, require stamina, long-distance endurance, strict adherence to group riding best-practices, and a healthy appetite for fun and adventure.

These are a different and more demanding kind of ride than I've lead at the LA Scooter Group. They won't be everyone's cup of tea nor are they appropriate for every rider.

But if you have been riding for a minimum of 1 year and 6000 miles, and have at least 10 group rides behind you (including at least 3 canyon and 3 100+ mile rides), then please come check us out at: meetup.com/AdventuristsScooterGroup.

Our inaugural ride is this Saturday and rides for the rest of our 2012 season are posted.

You can find more group information at: meetup.com/AdventuristsScooterGroup

Join our email list at: adventurists.scootergroup.org
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/AdventuristsScooterGroup

Thanks everyone. I hope to see some of you for the ride this Saturday and of course look forward to seeing all you on future LASG rides as well.

Happy riding!

Skootz / Justin
Attachments
ASG-Patch.png
ASG-Patch.png (15.54 KiB) Viewed 1183 times

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

:lol: MOST AWESOME! Thanks! :lol: Hope to have you here for a ride soon BSFF!
Last edited by Skootz Kabootz on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Great idea! Wish I lived closer so I could join in, although I don't qualify as I lack the canyon ride experience.

Can't wait to see pics or videos of these rides.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Our inaugural ride is tomorrow! Looking forward to a great day of twisty canyon rides, spectacular ocean views, and a fun group of people — some riding all the way from San Diego to join us! Dang! Talk about iron butt! Absolutely fantastic!

(PS: I hope to have you ride with us one day Rob!)

BootScootin'FireFighter

19 RSVPs for tomorrow, 50 members registered... You're killing it bro! So cool, great job!
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Thanks BSFF. The bulk of our members I know from the LA Scooter Group, so my organizing there for the past few years has very much helped.

But it was an epic first ride today! Such a fantastic start for the group. Far and away the twistiest route I have ever been on. And by a loooong shot! You would have LOVED it. Beautiful warm sunny weather and such a nice group of people too. All strong riders, one of them a 5 or 6 (or more?) time cannonball vet (Mike).

Bottom line though, a ride is just a ride — it's great people who make a great group. And thanks to everyone who was there we are off to a great start! I couldn't be happier. :+!:

Ride#2 coming up next weekend.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Thanks BSFF. The bulk of our members I know from the LA Scooter Group, so my organizing there for the past few years has very much helped.

But it was an epic first ride today! Such a fantastic start for the group. Far and away the twistiest route I have ever been on. And by a loooong shot! You would have LOVED it. Beautiful warm sunny weather and such a nice group of people too. All strong riders, one of them a 5 or 6 (or more?) time cannonball vet (Mike).

Bottom line though, a ride is just a ride — it's great people who make a great group. And thanks to everyone who was there we are off to a great start! I couldn't be happier. :+!:

Ride#2 coming up next weekend.
Are the any pics posted? For those of us forced to live this vicariously.
Skootz Kabootz wrote: (PS: I hope to have you ride with us one day Rob!)
I sure hope to be able to do that ... I think most, maybe all of your rides, would qualify for my bucket list.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I never seem to manage to take any photos on rides. I'm always preoccupied with something or another! But there are some nice pics for this ride.

There's one really picturesque shot of the "easier" canyon that took us back down to the ocean at the end of the day posted on the group facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/AdventuristsScooterGroup

Also there are a bunch of photos at the group meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/AdventuristsScoot ... /75478932/

And one member made a great video! The twistiest part of the ride was unfortunately left on the cutting room floor but what is shown is still enough to give you motion sickness: http://www.klauswaldorf.com/scooterstuf ... -2012.html

I think these should be good fuel for the virtual ride-along :)

BootScootin'FireFighter

:57... I recognize that Chevron!! And is that a wild coyote?
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote::57... I recognize that Chevron!! And is that a wild coyote?
Heh, yup, same station we filled up at. It's a regular fill up spot before heading into the canyons by the coast. And yes! Wile E. himself! It was just hangin' around up there eating. Someone had left out some food. It could care less about all the people around. Weird to have one so close.