St. Tropez top case

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Pete_M

St. Tropez top case

Post by Pete_M »

Anyone else have issues with their top case? It's always getting off alignment and now I can't get the damn thing to close. I have had to use WD40 before and it worked, but now I am SOL. It looks like I am off to buy bungee cords just so it doesn't fly open.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I've had no troubles with mine. I did have one of the hinge dowels vibrate out at one point a couple of years ago. If it does that and is getting wonky and out of alignment you can just buy a pice of metal dowel from the hardware store and replace the stock dowel that is in there. I did that and have had trouble free use since. The lock has aways worked fine.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Pete, do you have one of the new ones (made by Soft,m I think) or one of the original Genuine ones?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

I have one of the new Soft cases and the lock broke after about 6 weeks. It just quit catching on the bottom hook. I waited a long time for it to come in, so it's a big disappointment that it's already broken! Took it back to the dealer on Saturday and he is either fixing or ordering a replacement.
Scooting is good for the soul....