Top Case for Helmet

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

musiclvr12

Top Case for Helmet

Post by musiclvr12 »

What is a good top case (trunk) size for holding a large full-face helmet?
pinthea

Post by pinthea »

Nothing smaller then a 29 liter top case... I installed a Shad 29 and it's the perfect size for an XL Arai helmet, which I consider to be larger than most.

You may want extra space for gloves or what not so perhaps a 31 liter would do.
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Yup, I'd go 29 as a minimum to just get your helmet in there. I have a Shad SH33 because I wanted more space when I'm carrying cargo. That being said, it doesn't pay to put something huge on there there unless you're planning on carrying something fluffy and big, like a pillow :lol: . The weight limit of the back rack is only something like 15 lbs, and that includes the weight of the topcase. I carry a large lunch bag with two drink containers in mine and it's nice to have enough space that I don't have to cram it to make it fit.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

I have a Coocase Wizard on my Orange Buddy. Big enough to put my helmet and a few miscellaneous items. It's a 36 liter.

http://www.coocase.com/
skully93

Post by skully93 »

yeah, the 29 is perfect.

The old genuine/shad ones didn't quite fit a FF most of the time.
u30363

Buddy Top Case

Post by u30363 »

Our Top Case came with our Buddy 170i, is 35.5, soft, Bags. It holds a full sized XL helmet with shield plus has space for other things. Holds about 3-4 plastic bags of groceries since you would then be wearing your helmet.