Have the license laws changed in your state?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

creampuff

Have the license laws changed in your state?

Post by creampuff »

I bought my scooter in 2007...a slightly used 2006 buddy 125. At the time I was not required to get a motorcycle endorsement on my driver's license. It looks like the laws in my state (TN) may have changed and now there is a license for scooters...an endorsement for 51-125 cc scooters. Anyone else noticed such a thing?
Tristik

Post by Tristik »

Here in Wisconsin it has been the same for a long time. Anything over 50cc requires a motorcycle license. Anything under just requires a valid driver's license.
easy

Post by easy »

I live in TN but have not heard of this change. I got my m lic but would change things for wify
what did you trade the day for?
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Changed in CO in 09 and 10.

Now you have to have a driver's license and insurance for 50cc, and MC license above that. new 50cc are now given a title, before just registered.

if you're worried I'd just plan out a time to take the course. It's a good course anyway, and lots of fun.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Longtime requirement for a license or endorsement for all sizes of scooter in Oregon (there is a different license for mopeds, under 50cc). So now you have another reason to take the MSF course - and that is a good thing :wink: .
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

I live in TN and bought my buddy in 2008, and I got my license at the time. From what I could tell back then there wasn't a separate scooter license, anything 50cc and up requires a license.

Don
MB #2349