VINO 125 Indianapolis - FOUND 9/10/2012

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Rev_Dan

VINO 125 Indianapolis - FOUND 9/10/2012

Post by Rev_Dan »

UPDATE 9/10/2012: Great news! This scooter was just found by the cops. Just got the text from the owner. Don't know the details or condition of it as of yet. Like most stolen scooters, the condition will more than likely be extremely terrible, but at least it's back. Hope the cops caught the thugs that stole it.

Thank you, everyone that reposted that picture! I'd like to think that it helped solve this.

STOLEN 9/6/2012 Approx 10:15PM: silver & black 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 scooter was stolen at our house (Fall Creek Place/ 25th & College Ave) tonight. It was stashed on the side of the house with steering locked. We were outside talking and went inside for about 10 minutes and was gone. Went on the hunt immediately and nothing was found. I upgraded the rear turn signals and tail light to the original Japanese flush mounts (pictured above which are not common on Vinos in the Indianapolis area). It also has deep scratches to the front left side of front fender and damage to the side panel. After theft, there is a chance to look for damage on the front where it has been busted to hot wire it. Also, more than likely spray painted a different color.

VIN # LPRSE13Y57A500963

Please be on the hunt for it. Suspects: 2 twenty something black males and a black male teenager were seen creeping around the yard by a neighbor. If seen, please contact the Indianapolis Police Department (317) 327-3811) as a case has been filed. (CAD #: I122503618 CASE #: DP12127589)

Last edited by Rev_Dan on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

wow, just that fast, eh?

I hope they find em!
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I still can't wrap my head around why there are soo many scooter thefts. Is it a crime of oppertunity or are the times that tough? In the land of SUV, and if most people don't care for scooters, why bother?
Last edited by Drum Pro on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Drum Pro wrote:I still can't wrap my head around why there are soo many scooter thefts. Is it a crime of oppertunaty or are the times that tough? In the land of SUV, and if most people don't care for scooters, why bother?
Because these are urban thefts. My Buddy was stolen (and dumped so I got it back but not one of my motorcycles) because the poor kids steal them to goof around on. They ride around as long as they can until the bike dies, they sell it for a couple of hundred bucks, or, in the rare case, they get caught. The cops have been told to not give chase to avoid an accident.

I live in a dense city and we have ATVs and dirt bikes zipping around the streets all the time, all the time. I am not exaggerating. I also live in one of the poorest areas of the city. The kids have nothing so they have no respect for other people's property.

To the OP: good luck. I hope you get it back. I know exactly how you feel.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Thanks for that Siobhan. I hope the OP gets his scooter back.
Rev_Dan

Post by Rev_Dan »

UPDATE 9/10/2012: Great news! This scooter was just found by the cops. Just got the text from the owner. Don't know the details or condition of it as of yet. Like most stolen scooters, the condition will more than likely be extremely terrible, but at least it's back. Hope the cops caught the thugs that stole it.

Thank you, everyone that reposted that picture! I'd like to think that it helped solve this.