LA/SOCAL : ADVENTURISTS : 9/15 : Wrightwood Before the Snow

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Skootz Kabootz

LA/SOCAL : ADVENTURISTS : 9/15 : Wrightwood Before the Snow

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

It's time to venture east before the winter snows come and close the mountain roads. So off to Wrightwood we go!
(Ya, I know, it sounds crazy to mention snow in the middle of a heat wave, but soon enough, it will be here).

THE RIDE
This is a truly beautiful mountain ride full of everything an Adventurist loves—twisty roads, a 7000+ foot elevation change, and absolutely breathtaking scenery. It's no wonder people travel from clear across the country just to ride these roads. We are so lucky to have them in our backyard!

THE ROUTE :
The day will start in Burbank with some coffee and pastries before we make our way to Big Tajunga Canyon. From there, we climb, climb, climb.

First up to Upper Big Tajunga, then up to Angeles Crest Hwy, and then upward and eastward all the way to Wrightwood. We will of course take a break at the one and only Newcomb's Ranch along the way. Prepare yourself for the astonished gazes of dozens of motorcyclists!

In Wrightwood we'll take an extended break, rest up, relax, get some lunch at any of the variety of restaurants there, and enjoy the fresh mountain air before heading home.

The ride home will be... fast!! Heading back it is downhill most of the way so we can have some fun enjoying those big mountain curves and stretch out our speedos a little... traffic laws considered of course.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT ON THIS RIDE
• If your scooter is carbureted you can expect it to get slower and slower as the altitude and slope increases. For example, my 150cc which will go 70mph at sea level, struggles to maintain 30mph at WOT uphill though the highest point in this ride. Of course that just makes taking in the scenery all the easier.
• Rocks and debris in the road.
• A sore face from smiling.

Please Note: Some scooters may need a spare fuel canister for this ride.

For full ride information and to join the Adventurists Scooter Group please visit: www.meetup.com/AdventuristsScooterGroup

This ride is a treat for any Adventurist and is sure to be a day to remember. I look forward to seeing you there!

Skootz / Justin
Attachments
asg_patch_198.png
asg_patch_198.png (21.08 KiB) Viewed 1211 times

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Justin, any idea what time you'll be in Wrightwood? We have The Book of Mormon that night but will be home during the day. I'd like to meet you for lunch when you're up here!
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

That would be great! I'm gonna guess we'll be there around 1pm. Leaving at 10am, short break at Newcomb's... ya, 1pm sounds about right.

Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Next Saturday! Looking forward to a great ride.

teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Looks like we're heading to Universal before the show on Saturday. Sorry we'll miss you for lunch! We'll bring your helmet just in case we can hook up before the show.
Linda
Vice President
Vespa Club of America
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

teacherquinn wrote:Looks like we're heading to Universal before the show on Saturday. Sorry we'll miss you for lunch! We'll bring your helmet just in case we can hook up before the show.
Thanks. I'm sorry we won't see you too. I'm guessing we'll be back in LA around 6ish depending on how long we hang out in Wrightwood for lunch.