Lowered stock seat - Buddy 50

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

thatvwbusguy

Lowered stock seat - Buddy 50

Post by thatvwbusguy »

Like many vertically challenged people, my wife was having some trouble reaching the ground when riding her Buddy 50. At just a hair over 5' tall, she was on her tiptoes at stop signs etc. I checked out the PGO lowered seat, but thought it would be worth trying to remove some foam from the stock seat before plunking down $100+ for something built on the same seat base.

Using this post from the technical library as a guide: topic6243.html I pulled the seat cover about 3/4 of the way off and went to work. I chose to extend the cut back to about 3" from the seam in the seat and to follow the same basic curve as the stitched seam.

Here is a photo of the final result after about an hour of work:

The results are actually better than I expected. My wife's feet are now almost flat on the ground and the difference in seat comfort after removing about an inch of foam is not even noticeable.
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

Jay Brown
Newmarket, NH

Scooter Accessories:
https://sites.google.com/site/vanagonhe ... oter-stuff
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Looks good! If you ever find the seat too firm with the foam shaved down, there's always the low profile seat in the thread Buddy Low Pro Seat (Delivered/Pics). We have the PGO low profile seat on our Buddy, my GF is 5'3", she can flat foot it now, and we've both found it to have a better posture. Let us know how the shaved seat works out, though. It's very clean looking. 8)
C'mon, sko sko sko!