Couple of questions

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

billybob23

Couple of questions

Post by billybob23 »

I think the blur is the scooter for me but I need a couple quest answered before i make the purchase. As far a dependability how many miles can be put on a well taken care of blur before it bites the dust, or how would you compare its durability to honda or a yahmaha scooter. And I want a scooter that doesnt make much noise, so would you say the blur is loud for a 150 or makes less noise than most.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

the blur is only two years old here in the states so who can truly say. A lot of the longevity comes from the care you give your scooter. Oh, it does come with a two year warranty though
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

The Blur has only been available for a little over a year, but the PGO G-Max has been around for a while in Asia, so you might want to explore some asian scooter boards to see what you can find out. Apparently the G-Max's have a very good reputation for quality.

I just had my Blur replaced a few weeks ago because of an engine problem. I can't in any way draw conclusions on my own experience, it would seem to be a freak occurance - failure of a power shaft bearing.

I can tell you that when my dealer did the original prep on it he said it was the best fit and quality he'd ever seen on a new scooter.

The Blur has a very interesting standard exhaust system. Even though the engine has a single cylinder, the exhaust splits into two pipes. Supposedly this does some sort of pulse tuning back pressure reducing magic to improve engine performance. What it definitely does do is make a nice low rumble note from the engine at low rpm ranges - it was important to me that it not be very noisy at low speed so that I could be a good neighbor. But once you wind up the RPMs a bit the noise cancelling effect of the out of phase pulses reverse, and it produces a nice power brraaatttt. It quiets down agains around 5000 rpm, then back to the brraaattt above 6500rpm.

-Mark
billybob23

Post by billybob23 »

Thanks cosair thats a good point i forgot about the all important 2 year warranty, and bluemark thats what i was worried about most is what it would sound with low rpms so that sounds good to me. I should go ahead and buy it cause from what i hear I don't think I'll regret it.