Ride Report: Three Shrines

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

Ride Report: Three Shrines

Post by Howardr »

I took off on another ride around southern AZ. The point of the ride was to visit the nation's oldest continually used baseball field. I wound up being a nice little tour of southern Arizona.

http://skyislandriders.com/?p=1582

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
theflash784

Three Shrimes

Post by theflash784 »

Thank you for that great write up and those wonderful pictures! I always enjoy reading about your trips.
Abbott

Post by Abbott »

Another nice travelogue, Howard! Your blog is always an inspiration.
I have the week off work this week and I'm going to take my first southern AZ backroads tour, probably Thursday. Any pro tips?
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Abbott,

Be sure to come out for El Scoot due Tucson IV next Sunday. Ends with Howard's famous BBQ!
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Abbott wrote:Another nice travelogue, Howard! Your blog is always an inspiration.
I have the week off work this week and I'm going to take my first southern AZ backroads tour, probably Thursday. Any pro tips?
i don't know that I have any tips that aren't already in the blog. I do pay particular attention to fuel stops. I carefully check distances with Google Maps to make sure I don't run out of fuel.

Make sure someone knows where you're going and when you expect to be back.

Check your tire pressure.

I hope you can make to our big ride this Sunday. El Scoot de Tucson IV should be a lot of fun. Long ride, raffle, slow drags and Kansas City BBQ. That makes for a good time.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com