LED Driving Lights?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BeefSupreme

LED Driving Lights?

Post by BeefSupreme »

Has anyone had any experience with adding led (or non led) driving lights/fog lamps to their scoot? I'm interested because my low beam is great for around the city, and my high beam is great for dark country roads, but when using my high beam I loose a lot of light on the ground immediately in my path. I'd like to accomplish something similar to what I get when I hold down the passing light, where both the high and low beams are on simultaneously. I've seen some PIAA and Clearwater kits, but don't want to spend $200-$500 for a kit.

I'd like to install something similar to these below, but can't find any reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/DragStar-Driving- ... sbs_misc_3[/url]
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I don't know what extra draw the Kymco can handle but the Buddy is very limited. You might want to post on a Kymco site and see if anyone has experienced any issues when adding more lights.
The lights in the link you posted don't have any specs an watts or amps.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

That's why I was leaning towards LED lamps. But they're so darn expensive compared to halogen or standard driving lights. I've heard the Like battery has some amps to spare when it comes to accessories.
noahsmith

Post by noahsmith »

Led lights will definitely increase the visibility by giving out the bright white light and it also consume less power.
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

If you dont already have them installed all around it would be a good idea to replace all your bulbs with LED's.That a way it frees up more wattage to add additional lighting.I agree with the others,visit Kymco forum for possible more answers.

Good luck.
Aerosmith, None Other.
kungfooren

Post by kungfooren »

I replaced my deadlights with 3W LED bulbs. It doesn't help illuminate the roads much but it does look cool and increase my visibility to others.