Buddy Blackjack: Good Price?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

eva-01

Buddy Blackjack: Good Price?

Post by eva-01 »

Found a Buddy Blackjack with 3600 miles on it for $2100. Scooter has windshield and rear rack, but the standard exhaust, not Prima one. Told that recommend services have been performed on schedule.

Is this a good price? What should I look for or check out on the scoot before buying?

Thanks.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

That would be an excellent price here in the States; not sure about Taiwan.
I almost think it could be cheaper there since PGO is local to you.
Is it $2100 American dollars?
And is it branded as a PGO Blackjack?
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
eva-01

Post by eva-01 »

Yes, that is for here in the states on a 2009 Genuine Buddy Blackjack. My location just says Taiwan cause that is where I'm originally from, sorry for the confusion.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

its a good price. it would not have taken much service up to that point beyond oil changes and what not. so "regular" service is no big deal imo. at least as a selling point. first service needed to be done imo. so record of that would be nice. otherwise it should be sound

what to look for? evidence of a drop or other telltale damage, the tires will have some wear and a rear may be needed soon, the battery could be a few years old, and i believe an "intermediate" service is suggested at 4,000 miles. which is coming up. so those might be concerns if you need to spend extra money

imo IF the scooter is very clean, well cared for, runs well, and starts and goes good, its worth it if you want it. if it is cosmetically near perfect and checks out mechanically imo its a scooter worth a few hundred more. so if a few hundred dollars more need be spent on it from the start its still a fair deal.

so tires, battery, a possible service coming up...those might be some extra expenses nearby. and of course depending how much you ride cvt service in another 4,000 miles or so.

otherwise just check it out like any other thing. or like a car, for instance. and get an idea of its owner, too. trustworthy is a good sign. but it doesn't mean they know how to care for a scooter
Riding is riding
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

eva-01 wrote:Yes, that is for here in the states on a 2009 Genuine Buddy Blackjack. My location just says Taiwan cause that is where I'm originally from, sorry for the confusion.
Heh. "Taiwan" wasn't the confusion. It was the "forever".
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
hairball

Post by hairball »

I have a BlackJack for sale in Florida, 3700 miles. I am asking 1800 with topcase new Heidenau K61 tires, New battery and windshield... I don't use the Prima pipe so it is brand new.

... Too bad you don't live in Florida... I am selling to get a Vespa GTS super 300... Matte black of course :P
If trees screamed when they were cut, We would stop cutting them down...
If they screamed all the time... We would cut them all down!