100 Accidents, 100 Lessons.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Skootz Kabootz

100 Accidents, 100 Lessons.

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Not particularly gruesome, but very educational. There are numerous accident scenarios I could never have imagined. And something is to be learned from every one.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82308554/

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i think i have seen the motorcycle version of this. pretty entertaining watch. soundtrack is a little wiggy, though

the reason you can't imagine these scenerios is because these people are beyond help. horrible riders, most. i mean they are hitting cars mostly, not the other way around. and other scooters. and riding into ditches. i think its at least as comical as educational. in a head slap sort of way :headache:
Riding is riding
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Common denominators - rain, night, intersections, turns, and idiocy....
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

It pisses me off that 90% of those are clearly the scooterists fault.

On the other hand, it is relieving that they are 90% the scooterists fault, and I would never pull any of that stupid crap. If the video showed all cars plowing into scooters, I'd probably have found myself a little more nervous on the road home today.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i really don't understand how this can be? seriously. are these people who just started riding a week earlier? how about a day. and even if so!! does this happen in italy? how about at amerivespa?

some people are bad drivers. they just cannot drive. i suppose some might be bad riders. but for pete's sake

at the risk of sounding non pc i just want to say maybe its the culture of some places? i've been 27 years in one of the largest asian communities in the world outside of china and southeast asia. driving around here was a bit frustrating but i got used to it to the point of not caring. riding is a lot better because drivers just stop in the middle of the street, don't go on greens, wander aimlessly, turn right in front of you, and drive 25mph in 35mph zones. its a hoot on a bike going around all that

i am just saying, might be something to it. i hate to qualify this with 'i have some close asian friends' stuff, but i do. and a few were embarrased at the driving of their parents growing up. like they showed in the joy luck club movie. no harm, just the way it is sometimes, new ways can be hard for many to grasp

so, i think it could be a solid reason. i cannot reason any other. i am not saying its a matter of race of course, but culture and politics. is it fair to say in communist china and southeast asia automobiles and other means of motorized transportation was not prolific until relatively recently? i think it is fair to say. china is the worlds largest automobile market today, but in a country with such an enormous populace that means 58 cars for every 1000 people. not a whole lot. so imagine what it must have been before this boom?

so its just a matter of the automobile and such things being unfamiliar, i think. ask me to fly a plane and you can forget it. ask a lot of people from some places to operate a car or scooter / motorcycle in a reasonably safe manner, and you can forget it. show me this happening any other places...anywhere in the universe...and i will digress

i cannot blame these poor souls. they obviously not know what they do :P
Last edited by JHScoot on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Lesson #1: Don't ride like a jackass.
Lessons #2-#90 or so: Continue to not ride like a jackass.
Lesson #90: Watch out for cars!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I don't want to mock since so many of us have had close calls, and we all goof up, but...

FAIL.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Wow, at least 90% were just plain not paying attention, 9% reckless abandon, 1% in the wrong place at the worst time. I think I'll stay stateside.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Syd

Post by Syd »

After a while I started looking for the good spare shots. You know, the rider takes out one scoot, then bounces off that one and takes out one or two more. Ten pins plus whatever you can take out on your next accident!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Weird coincidence...I just rewatched the clip and at 1:17 you see a light colored Corolla in the right lane. In the next clip is another light colored Corolla, this time in the left lane. After I looked at it a couple more times, it's obvious it's not the same car (the first one has a spoiler on it). Just struck me as weird watching it.

...and the car around 1:38...I was wondering if they were even going to stop after hitting that guy....

The one around 2:27--where the one scooterist ran into another at a red light, but the hit scooterist didn't fall down...in fact, they just turned around to the left while sitting on their scooter and looked down at the guy that had hit him, cracked me up for some reason. :P

...the one around 2:30...ran over a person????? :shock:
Last edited by michelle_7728 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

ericalm wrote:Lesson #1: Don't ride like a jackass.
Lessons #2-#90 or so: Continue to not ride like a jackass.
Lesson #90: Watch out for cars!
^^^ Almost perfect.

I would have to add Learn how to use your front brake for lessons 50-70
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Tristik

Post by Tristik »

Why bother painting lines on the road or having traffic lights if people just drive like it's a free for all anyway? LOL
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

I'm gonna second the "don't ride like a jackass" methodology. Pretty sound. Ericalm has a super accurate statistical breakdown.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Lostmycage wrote:I'm gonna second the "don't ride like a jackass" methodology. Pretty sound. Ericalm has a super accurate statistical breakdown.
Dude, it's like, math.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
redhandmoto

Post by redhandmoto »

Syd wrote:After a while I started looking for the good spare shots. You know, the rider takes out one scoot, then bounces off that one and takes out one or two more. Ten pins plus whatever you can take out on your next accident!
Saw that, too: Taiwanese bank shots.
honi soit qui mal y pense