Request: How to remove rear panels

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

phatch

Request: How to remove rear panels

Post by phatch »

Would anyone who's had the rear panels off (to access gas can, etc) care to detail how to NOT crack the little tabs on the back panels? I can't bring myself to start yanking, and can't seem to find other phantom screws.

Thx Gaiz 8)

P.S... on a Buddy 125!
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

I'm interested too! 8)
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

z20k

Post by z20k »

I am VERY interested in figuring this out too... I'm trying to replace one of the back panels and this seems to be all that is stopping me..

Hopefully someone out there knows how to do this? :(
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
z20k

Post by z20k »

Actually after too many F bombs, I'm just going to let my dealer handle this.. hah.
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

I haven't done a buddy (yet) but if it's gator clips, then it's as simple as pressing in with a little pressure on one panel while pulling out the other.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

There are screws on each plastic piece. If memory serves, I think they come off from back to front. There are a pair on the very back under the license plate light that are easy to miss.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

1st is to take off the running strips.
there are 3 screws under the floor mat, 1 under the bike, one in the little hole midway up and 1 at the rear. To take them off remove screws and then slide back towards rear of buddy.

2nd remove seat
there are 4 bolts holding the seat on.

3rd remove panel under tail light.
there are 2 screws on the bottom, remove and squeeze the panel slightly to pull it out.

4th remove rear rack.
there are 2 bolts holing the front down, and a nut holding the back on.

5th remove screw under license plate.

6th remove both back panels together as one unit along with the rear mud guard.
there are 2 screws in the front, 2 or 4 revealed by removing the running strips, 3 revealed under the tail light. remove all and push in the rear panels to separate them from the front bucket panels. lift up the rear section over the rear rack bolt.

For the Mud guard, there are 2 little expanding tab screws holding it to the rear panels. you need to remove at least one, to separate the rear panels.

Hope this makes sense. All from memory, so there may be more or less screws, but procedure is correct.

-duo
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.
phatch

Post by phatch »

SYMbionic Duo wrote:1st is to take off the running strips.
there are 3 screws under the floor mat, 1 under the bike, one in the little hole midway up and 1 at the rear. To take them off remove screws and then slide back towards rear of buddy.

2nd remove seat
there are 4 bolts holding the seat on.

3rd remove panel under tail light.
there are 2 screws on the bottom, remove and squeeze the panel slightly to pull it out.

4th remove rear rack.
there are 2 bolts holing the front down, and a nut holding the back on.

5th remove screw under license plate.

6th remove both back panels together as one unit along with the rear mud guard.
there are 2 screws in the front, 2 or 4 revealed by removing the running strips, 3 revealed under the tail light. remove all and push in the rear panels to separate them from the front bucket panels. lift up the rear section over the rear rack bolt.

For the Mud guard, there are 2 little expanding tab screws holding it to the rear panels. you need to remove at least one, to separate the rear panels.

Hope this makes sense. All from memory, so there may be more or less screws, but procedure is correct.

-duo
Perfect... Thank you! Will try it out...