Commuting on a Buddy 170i

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

radio1960

Commuting on a Buddy 170i

Post by radio1960 »

My wife and I are avid Truck campers and were looking for a couple of scooters to use while camping. Looked at the PCX 150 but my wife struggled to balance it with it's high center frame.

We liked the Buddy 125, but I started thinking if we got the 170i, I might be able to use it to commute to work. It's 20 miles one way on a state highway with rolling hills. Also maybe with the 170i we could take some longer trips, covering 200-300 miles per day.

Is this doable or do we need to be looking at something bigger? If so any suggestions?

Thanks
Radio
Syd

Post by Syd »

Sure it's possible, even with the 125, depending on the speed of the state highways. Lots of people commute longer distances than that on the Buddy 125.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

By "state highway", are you referring to interstate or non-interstate roads? If you're referring to non-interstate with 55 mph speed limits, that's what 80% of the riding I did on my B125. I got a B125 with a 70 mile round-trip commute on 55 mph roads in mind.
If you're referring to interstate roads, you might want something bigger.

Another option would be to get a local map or play around with google maps. Most of the time, there are lower-speed options to get from point A to B that can circumvent the higher-speed roads. :) With the exception of a few states (I think), interstates can be avoided altogether.