2008 Buddys: Large Images

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

2008 Buddys: Large Images

Post by ericalm »

As promised, bigger pics of the 2008 Buddy lineup.

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jeketus

Post by jeketus »

Yeah, it's definitely a St. Tropez for me! Funny how the special editions have the 125 badge on them. Aren't they going to be 150s?
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

The first blue should have grips in blue to match the seat...are they gray grips?
Dan Buddy

Post by Dan Buddy »

Put me down for a Pamplona. I wonder if my wife will let me get a Pamplona and the olive Stella? I think I have by Buddy 50 sold to my nieghbor so I am half way there.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jeketus wrote:Yeah, it's definitely a St. Tropez for me! Funny how the special editions have the 125 badge on them. Aren't they going to be 150s?
These may not be actual production versions. They're probably Buddy 125 prototypes to show off the new colors.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

The Pamplona is clearly done up on a 2006 type Buddy - and the badges look like they say 125 on all the ones that are said to be 150. So, are these prototypes/mockups, or what? Still the colors look great.

I do like the new orangeish Buddy with black bits, with no disrespect intended toward my 06 Sunset Orange Buddy.

Hopefully they'll have some better art to use on the Genuine website and at our dealers, and it will give us Cincinnati types something to ask about at their open house/big sale this saturday:
http://www.metroscooter.com/
Kevin
AYPWIP?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

lobsterman wrote:I do like the new orangeish Buddy with black bits, with no disrespect intended toward my 06 Sunset Orange Buddy.
I totally agree. That orange Buddy just needs the 150cc motor & Stebel horn and it would be completely irresistable.
louie

Post by louie »

I'm going to post what i'm thinking because i've dissed the looks of my oh so sweet buddy before.

I like my orange and tan best and i diggin the fact that it will be more unique since it is discontinued.
vaderscoot

Post by vaderscoot »

is it just me or is there no center stand on any of thoose scooters :?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

OKay, folks. I just spoke with Genuine.

These pics are mock-ups, not production versions. They're intended solely to show off the colors, which are beautiful, yes?

All of the special editions will be 150cc. They will have tubeless whitewalls and, I'm sure, center stands. (The stands were probably masked out of the photos so the scoots look better.)

There will also be a special "Little Italy" 50cc version of the Series Italia. You read it here first!

Those of you who asked for Stella pics: they're coming, I should have some by end of week.
jradanov

Post by jradanov »

They will sell a zillion of these, including a French blue to me.
merlin

Post by merlin »

i like the wheels on the red one. i wonder if they will change over the ugly stamped steel ones into those?
The Ninja

Post by The Ninja »

Make mine black please. Does anyone know when the normal 125s will start shipping. I can't wait to get my scooter. it is going to be a very long winter.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The Ninja wrote:Make mine black please. Does anyone know when the normal 125s will start shipping. I can't wait to get my scooter. it is going to be a very long winter.
The '08 Buddys will probably not be in dealers until February or later. That's when the new ones were available last year. Genuine generally won't announce dates until they're 100% sure of when shipments will be in and distributed.